MGT36: Why It’s A Good Idea To Hire A Publicist - Stacey Sherman (RSP Entertainment Marketing)
Stacey Sherman, who runs RSP Entertainment Marketing, knows what it takes to execute a successful PR campaign. And on this WeSpin Recipes podcast episode, she shares the harsh facts you might not be aware of regarding publicity.
Listen to the show to learn what exactly to expect from a publicist, how much a PR agency charges, the typical response rate from press, and how to start a PR campaign on your own if you can’t afford hiring a professional yet. And, by the way, if you thought that getting bad feedback from media was bad – you were wrong.
Some of the topics covered in the episode:
- Why PR is more difficult even than what it seems
- At what stages of a music career to work with a publicist?
- Setting clear expectations before hiring a PR agency
- When negative feedback from press is good
- How many times to follow up with each media contact
- A checklist for organizing your own PR outreach
- A typical cost of a PR campaign
Go to http://wespin.co/wsr36/ for the show notes and http://getacard.wespin.co/ to learn how to get a free WeSpin postcard by supporting the podcast.