Stuart Epps is a legendary UK-based record producer, who has worked with the likes of Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Oasis, Robbie Williams, Bill Wyman, and Twisted Sister. Earlier this year, Stuart announced that he’s now working with independent artists remotely. When we learnt that, we had to interview Stuart for the podcast to find out the details.
Listen to this WeSpin Recipes episode to learn the amazing story of Stuart and the artists he has worked with, why there are fewer truly successful bands these days, and what his new production company EMP offers to indie musicians.
Some of the topics covered in the episode:
- Stuart Epps: from ‘60s to nowadays.
- How the industry has changed over the past decades.
- In the new era, “music still has to be great”.
- Why Stuart doesn’t get excited hearing new music as often as he did in the past.
- The level of dedication you need to achieve success.
- What assistance you can get from Stuart’s production company.
Go to http://wespin.co/wsr52/ for the show notes and http://getacard.wespin.co/ to learn how to get a free WeSpin postcard by supporting the podcast.