Alex Kouts (@akouts) is a teacher, adventure technologist, Chief Product Officer of Countable, and -- as you'll soon discover -- quite savvy in negotiation. This is part three of a three-part series. Make sure to check out parts one and two!
What We Discuss with Alex Kouts:
- Why the post-mortem of the way a negotiation plays out rarely finds tactics to be responsible for the outcome -- and what actually is.
- What we should remember about the human beings on the other side of the negotiation table in relation to our own ability to leverage a desirable outcome.
- The toolbox of tactics that opens up to us when we can put ourselves in the shoes of the people with whom we're negotiating rather than focusing on our own emotions.
- Questions we can ask someone on the other side of the table to understand who we're dealing with, what motivates them, and put them in a position to react to us rather than the other way around.
- How to better look outward rather than inward when under the stress of a negotiation in progress.
- And much more...
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!