Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week!
If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now, let's dive in!
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Teaching your kid how to play chess? Here's a simple way to keep them engaged without crushing their spirits or throwing a single game.
- When your line of work grants you even a minor level of celebrity, how do you express appreciation when you're recognized without succumbing to awkwardness?
- How can you work with someone you don't like or respect -- and ensure that you still like and respect yourself in the process?
- You've been selected to give a graduation speech in front of 2,500 people and want to crush it. What can you do to be as prepared as possible?
- Someone owns the Web domain you want, but they're not using it. What's the best way to negotiate for it or find a close alternative?
- When you're in a line of work that doesn't generate repeat customers, what's the best (and least tacky) way to ask for referrals from satisfied past customers?
- After following the Level One exercises and re-engaging contact with a former mentor, they seem resistant to a catch-up meeting. How might you offer value to make it worthwhile for them?
- Meeting new people and dating when you have a chronic illness presents numerous challenges, but the biggest might be: when is it appropriate to disclose your condition to a potential relationship partner?
- Life Pro Tip: Make yourself manually dial some of your more important contacts on occasion so you'll know their numbers if you're ever stuck without your phone.
- A quick shoutout to Cesar Millan and everyone at The Dog Psychology Center!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!