Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week!
If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now, let's dive in!
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- What can you do when your parents are hoarders with health issues who get enraged when you try to help them?
- Your calmness under stress seems like a positive trait in a medical professional. But are your peers right to call you disinterested?
- When you dislike idle chit chat, how do you respond to the small talk question "How's business?" without being uncivil?
- Is becoming a police officer because you want to help people a good idea for someone who's never really dealt with trauma, or could you be throwing yourself in the deep end?
- How might an over-55 sales professional re-entering the job market go about starting a consulting career?
- Jake from Intuit stops by to help us cope with financial crises around tax time.
- How do you beat feeling envious of others who maintain the discipline to see their self-improvements through?
- When you're serious about networking, should you regularly cull connections on LinkedIn with people you don't really know?
- Life Pro Tip (via Mark Frauenfelder's Recomendo Newsletter): For Starbucks people traveling. When you're leaving a foreign country and still have some of the local currency, take it to a Starbucks and load it onto a gift card. You can use the card later in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and the Republic of Ireland.
- Recommendations of the Week: The Dropout Podcast, The Dropout on 20/20, and The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley
- Quick shoutouts to Benjamin Torrero in Mexico City, Ankie Hille Hagen in Norway, and Officer Tim De La Pena!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy...