Vanessa Van Edwards (@vvanedwards) rejoins us to further discuss components of nonverbal communication. She is the lead investigator at human behavior research lab Science of People and author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People.
What We Discuss with Vanessa Van Edwards:
- What Albert Mehrabian's commonly misinterpreted 7-38-55 Rule of Personal Communication is -- and isn't -- telling us about nonverbal communication.
- The components of nonverbal communication including body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone, along with ornaments, proxemics, and haptics.
- The dangers of focusing so fully on expressing yourself with one component of communication that you neglect the others.
- The two metrics of essential nonverbal communication: confidence and engagement.
- Power posing and movement, and how to use our hands and eyes to engage.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!