Jane McGonigal (@avantgame) specializes in designing games that challenge players to tackle real-world problems, and is the bestselling author of Reality is Broken. Her new book is SuperBetter: A Revolutionary Approach to Getting Stronger, Happier, Braver, and More Resilient -- Powered by the Science of Games.
What We Discuss with Jane McGonigal:
- Discover how suffering from suicidal ideation after a concussion led Jane McGonigal to design games to help people overcome depression and recover from trauma.
- Find out what games can teach us about critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and our ability to collaborate.
- Explore the ways a "gameful" mindset can boost our motivation, confidence, and ability to pick up new skills in the face of obstacles.
- Examine the benefits of post-traumatic growth -- and how it can counterintuitively coexist in tandem with the disadvantages of post-traumatic stress.
- Identify how developing psychological flexibility can help you conquer phobias, recover from injuries, and achieve what you once thought impossible.
- And much more...
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!