Nir Eyal (@nireyal) helps teams design more engaging products as demonstrated in his book Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, and shows us how we can break away from the distraction of this engagement if it's not serving us.
What We Discuss with Nir Eyal:
- The never-ending struggle between traction and distraction.
- How variable rewards are used to keep you glued to social media like B.F. Skinner's lab pigeons.
- How to ensure you're moving closer to your goals even if your daily activities include what might, on the surface, seem like tangents.
- Triggers that cause you to lose your way and how to program your environment to avoid and mitigate these triggers.
- Why you're not really addicted to technology -- and why it's dangerous to say you are.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!