Charles Ryu (@freshprinceofpyongyang) escaped from North Korea -- twice -- and now works with Liberty in North Korea to fight for the rights and freedom of those who have been left behind.
What We Discuss with Charles Ryu:
- A glimpse of the rampant corruption ruling the daily lives of average North Koreans.
- Being homeless anywhere at any age is terrible. But what's it like being a homeless preteen in North Korea during the winter?
- How Charles escaped from North Korea to China as a young teenager and what he got a taste of for the first time ever.
- What led to Charles being jailed in China, deported back to North Korea, and sent to a forced labor camp for nine months.
- How working in a coal mine for a paycheck of rice was a step up for Charles, even though he had to lie about his age to get the job.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!