Tali Sharot (@affectivebrain) is an associate professor of cognitive neuroscience, the founder and director of the Affective Brain Lab at University College London, and author of The Influential Mind: What the Brain Reveals About Our Power to Change Others.
What We Discuss with Tali Sharot:
- When hope is a better motivator than fear -- and vice versa.
- Facts and figures don't tend to change minds already aligned to a certain opinion -- in fact, they can have a backfire effect that further entrenches people in their beliefs.
- The four factors that determine whether or not we're likely to change our beliefs.
- What happens when new evidence doesn't fit our beliefs, but it fits what we want to believe.
- When trying to persuade, it's better to seed a new belief than to contradict the old one.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!