James Sebastiano (IG: @james.sebastiano) is a marketing expert and conscious entrepreneur that’s passionate about ethical and environmentally sustainable business. He is co-founder of world-renowned vegan restaurant in Bali, Alchemy.
James is the subject of the film Chasing The Present that’s now available on Apple TV and other online platforms. It just was just released on Sept 29th.
The plot of this movie is that James is a materially successful young man, riddled with anxiety so he embarks on a world-wide journey of self-inquiry.
He immerses himself in meditation and plant medicine and converses with top experts like Russell Brand, Graham Hancock, Joseph Goldstein and more to find the root cause of the problem and learn how to finally find freedom from his crippling anxiety.
James finds answers to why a person who seemingly has it all can continue to suffer from debilitating panic attacks.
In this episode, we discuss:
- James' story of growing up with anxiety
- How overdosing on cocaine led to a big epiphany
- The 30-day vegetarian challenge
- Leaving Amsterdam to start Alchemy in Bali
- Getting to the root cause of anxiety
- Being addicted to doing
- Honouring what your body needs
- Practicing meditation in the "real world"
- Spending time in nature brings you into the present moment
- Being fully present is the most powerful medicine
- In order to heal you need to break apart your ego
- Feeling your emotions as they come up
- It’s important to have support during your healing journey
- Contemplating on “Who am I?”
- Completely surrendering during an ayahuasca experience
- The fear of death vs. the fear of living
- Why it’s important to maintain boundaries
- The power and spirit of ayahuasca
- Filming Chasing The Present over 5 years
- The challenging conversation that brought James and his dad closer
- Integrating a spiritual journey into everyday life
- Leading by example will naturally inspire others
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products
Beekeeper's Naturals <== 15% off all Beekeeper's Naturals products (free shipping on orders $60 or more)
Sunwarrior <== 20% off all Sunwarrior products (free shipping on orders over $50)
Perfect Keto <== 20% off all Perfect Keto products (free shipping in the US)
Chasing The Present (James' documentary)
Follow James Sebastiano on Instagram
Alchemy (James' restaurant in Bali)
Rory Freedman - Skinny Bastard (book)
David Wolfe (books)
Listen to David Wolfe previously on TUHP (episode #014)
The Salt Trail (documentary)
Sri Prem Baba
Rupert Spira (books)
Alex Grey (books)
Temple Of The Way Of Light
Ram Dass (books)
Russell Brand (books)
372: Ryland Engelhart – Kiss The Ground, The Story Of Cafe Gratitude, Regenerative Agriculture
368: Jordan Younger Albrecht – Healing From Lyme Disease, Eating Vegan (Again), Psychedelic Transformations
374: Dr. Jud Brewer – The Craving Mind, Finding Joy In Meditation, Overcoming Addictions
361: Dr. Alejandro Junger – Living In A Higher State Of Consciousness
305: Dave Asprey – Game Changers, Practicing Gratitude & Forgiveness, Holotropic Breathing vs. Ayahuasca
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.