Feb 17, 2023
How I Utilize Personalized Video to Build a Community and Generate Leads | Jarrod Best-Mitchell - 1644
In this episode, Donald meets with Jerrod Best-Mitchell, a passionate seller who has dialed in using video to make connections online. Best-Mitchell is a master of his craft - he has sent 6000 personal videos on LinkedIn so far and has gained so much knowledge in the process. Listen in so you can learn how to up your personalized video game so you can generate leads, and build connections and community.
Why use video?
* Videos are the quickest way to build relationships and trust with strangers. Letting someone get to know you is what begins building community. And community is the direction sales are moving in 2023 and 2024.
* Personalized videos may take a bit longer, but if you can isolate a few people to reach out to with short, engaging videos, it can increase your response rates and make you more efficient as a seller. But all videos are not created equal - Best-Mitchell has great tips to make your videos count.
* In sales, and especially when you’re starting as a BDR or SDR, the way to be successful is to set yourself apart. Break the mold. It’s another way to stretch, become more flexible, and learn new skills.
3 Do’s and Don’ts for Personalized Video Content
* Don’t say your name. Don’t start with “hi.” Imagine you’re running into an acquaintance on the street. If you’re reaching out, they probably already know your name, so say their name. Make it personal.
* Do your research. It takes very little time to read through someone’s content, their personal bio, or their posts. Find something you personally connect to and start from there. Start a conversation, not a sale.
* Keep it short. As Best-Mitchell says, “This is not a Martin Scorcese film.” Keep it brief, meaningful, and interesting.
In the episode, Donald and Jerrod go over ways to overcome the obstacles associated with video, namely, the time it takes and how to not come in sounding like you’re about to give a terrible pitch. It’s clear, just from listening to this call, how personable and informative Jerrod is. We learned a lot, and we know you will, too.
If you want to reach out to Jerrod, find him on LinkedIn, or on his website, jerrodbestmitchell.com. And of course, the TSE community by sending a message to Donald. Drop him a message on LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and Instagram @donaldckelly. You can also join TSE’s space on Circle to talk to Donald and other sellers looking to improve their craft.
“There must be the top 20 people on your list that day that you can send a video out to. You can look at your list and tell - these are the best ones. And you may not get them on a phone call, but video might be the next option… Personalize the video, please, don’t send them a generic text. It will make a massive difference in your pipeline, and it will probably improve your response rate.” - Jerrod Best-Mitchell
* This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
* This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
The sales landscape is totally changing. You need to adapt to succeed. Deep Sales, a part of the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, can help you do just that. Check it out yourself and get a 60-day free trial at Linkedin.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.