077: Kind Cup - Bringing Innovation to Menstrual Cups and the Feminine Hygiene Industry with Christine Brown
Kind Cup Kickstarter Campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kindcup/kind-cup-the-innovative-menstrual-cup?ref=72obwi&token=02b39bee
Visit our site for a full transcript of this episode at www.ASustainableMind.com/077
Founder and designer of Kind Cup, Christine Brown, grew up in a small agricultural beach town in Southern California. A sixth-generation Carpinterian, Brown is a part-time avocado farmer, and American Sign Language teacher and advocate. Brown studied Critical Social Thought at Mount Holyoke College, and Deaf Studies: Cultural Studies for graduate school in Washington D.C. at Gallaudet University.
In this episode Marjorie and Christine Brown discuss:
* How menstrual cups work and why they can be a much better alternative to tampons and pads.
* How Christine came up with the idea for Kind Cup.
* The design elements that make Kind Cup unique.
* Marjorie’s personal experiences with menstrual cups over the last 15 years and why she loves the Kind Cup design.
* What to consider when choosing a menstrual cup that works best with your body and lifestyle.
Resources from Christine Brown:
* Direct Relief - Kind Cup's non-profit partner (DirectRelief.org) - Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in all 50 states and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay.
* Here is the press release about their work with Kind Cup https://www.kindcup.com/blogs/news/podcast-with-direct-relief-on-period-poverty
* Intersectional Environmentalist Group (IntersectionalEnvironmentalist.com) - A platform for resources, information, and action steps to support intersectional environmentalism and dismantle systems of oppression in the environmental movement, led by environmental activists and sustainability advocates.
* Put a Cup in It (PutACupInIt.com) - A collection of resources about reusable menstrual products overall and great general info if you are new to the conversation about menstrual cups
* The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Connect with Christine Brown and Kind Cup:
* Website: https://www.kindcup.com/
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kindcup
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kind.cup/
* Kickstarter Campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kindcup/kind-cup-the-innovative-menstrual-cup?ref=72obwi&token=02b39bee
Connect with Marjorie Alexander:
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asustainablemind/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/SustainableMind
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asustainablemind/
* Website: asustainablemind.com
Want to help us spread the word?
Post a screenshot of ASM in your favorite listening app and tag us on your Instagram story!
Subscribe, Rate & Review ASM on Apple Podcasts: ASustainableMind.com/Apple