Welcome to part one of the Studio 78 Podcast Branding Series! This four-part series will dive in to understanding your why, messaging, and building a website and provide resources, tools, and tips for getting started.
Subscribe on APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | ANDROID
Part one of this series focuses on your why with Robyn from Robyn Young & Co. She is a branding strategist and creative with a strong vision and eye for creativity. In this episode, she defines what a brand is and how to differentiate between establishing a brand and applying branding elements. We dive into questions every business owner should answer about themselves to ensure their business is easily referable to others.
ACTION ITEM: At the end of this episode, pull out pen and paper and answer all of the questions she mentions.
Please share your thoughts:
Support the show:
- A brand is not just a logo and a website
- It’s important to determine your focus to ensure your product or service is referable; meaning people know how to describe your business when talking to others
- Questions she wants her clients to know the answer to:
- What’s the purpose of the business?
- Why does it exist?
- What’s the change that you’re trying to make in the world, industry, or your customers life — in a really compelling way?
- Is it the process that makes the business different or the product itself?
- Is that difference important to your customer?
- What is the deeper reason you want to dedicate your life to this?
- Why did you select this product or service?
- Choose one area to excel in first and then you can eventually start selling/providing other services/products
- As a brand strategist, the elements that Robyn initially focuses on are:
- Mission statement
- Value prop
- Market fit (where are the gaps you’re looking to fill in the market and how can you position yourself differently from your competitors so you’re really sticky?)
- Who are you talking to? What’s your customer profile? What do we know about them? Possibly use existing brands that you know that they love to build a smart visual brand for yourself that will appeal to your customer base.
- Core values: what roots you, your morals; as you’re looking for partnerships and employees, ask yourself do these people value the same thing that you value?
- Vision statements: what’s the change you want to see in the world, industry, or your customers life
- After research and strategy, you then can create your visual brand
- Create a brand with purpose
- Visual elements help communicate your brand
Website: robynyoung.coInstagram: @robynyoung.coFacebook: @robynyoung.coTwitter: @robyncyoungPinterest: robynyoungco
Website: nachesnow.comFacebook: studio78podcastInstagram: @nachesnowYoutube: Nache SnowTwitter: @nachesnowLinkedIn: nachesnowPodcast: Studio 78Pinterest: Tallook
The post 56. Branding Series Part 1 of 4: Determining Your Why appeared first on Nache’ Snow - Resources for Creative Entrepreneurs | Studio 78 Podcast | Entrepreneur, Maker + Queen of Side Hustles.