Mark Bittman: "Now there's this [new] kind of malnutrition, where people are getting too many of the wrong calories and not enough nutrients.”
Bittman, an award-winning food journalist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the problems lurking in food you probably don’t know about, plus:
*Why your food isn't as nourishing as you think*
*Why kids should learn about where their food comes from to stay healthy*
*What you can do now to help build a better food system*
*How much corn you're really eating without knowing it*
*What we can learn from other countries about the value of food*
Referenced in the episode:
- Bittman's book, Animal, Vegetable, Junk.
- Bittman's website.
- One of Bittman's favorite food organizations, The Heal Food Alliance.
- Another initiative Bittman loves, the Good Food Purchasing Program.
- The Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) website, where you can buy local food directly from a farmer.
- Senator Cory Booker's twitter.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand's twitter.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren's twitter.
- Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's twitter.
Don't forget to use the code MARK300 for $300 off our functional nutrition coaching program, where you'll have access to 19 of the world's top doctors and experts, seven of which are New York Times bestselling authors, like Bittman. These incredible experts will not only give you a rock solid foundation in functional nutrition, but they'll also teach you how to start your own wellness business and be the change you want to see in this world. Learn more by visiting mindbodygreen.com/coaching.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.