Zach Miller is a two-time winner of The North Face 50 and has won such races Madeira Island Ultra Trail Race, CCC, Lake Sonoma 50 miler, & the JFK 50. He is sponsored by North Face, Buff, Nathan, Gu, and Grand pa.org. A recent documentary by Billy Yang is titled Zach: In Relentless Pursuit Of His Best.
- 3:36 A mediocre start to running.
- 6:23 50 miles sounded “out there.”
- 8:36 On the start line with the best in the world.
- 11:46 “I just raced.”
- 17:46 When victory led to change.
- 21:38 Hard work, rejuvenation, and passion: Forming a niche.
- 24:53 Avoiding adventures to fit the plan.
- 27:43 Running without technology, being in the driver’s seat.
- 33:16 Showing up for the process.
- 39:23 “This little piece of life we’ve been given.”
- 42:39 Zach’s key questions to ask yourself.
- 44:04 Being a skeptic along the journey.
- 49:13 What would a fun athlete do?
- 53:40 80 percent of the population might hit this line.
- 57:25 Pushing all the way up to the physical limit with your mental game.
- 1:00:46 Finding the rhythm of UTMB.
- 1:07:13 Does it get you fired up? Add it to the calendar.
- 1:12:19 “All the little things.”
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER Newsletter
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell