Dinosaur of the day Talarurus, the "wicker tailed" ankylosaurid from Mongolia.
Interview with Brian Engh, a paleoartist, who has illustrated many of the recent dinosaur finds including Aquilops, Dynamoterror, and Invictarx, to name a few. He also makes puppets, movies, and music. Follow him on Patreon at historianhimself.
In dinosaur news this week:
- Ambopteryx, the new membrane-winged dinosaur, adds details that were missing from the Yi qi discovery
- Workers on a construction site in Colorado found some ceratopsian fossils
- Four college students found a clutch of dinosaur egg fossils while on a walk in the countryside in China
- The Museum of New Zealand of Te Papa Tongarewa has a new display featuring an Iguanodon tooth
- The museum “MOST” in Syracuse, New York is getting a permanent, 3,000 square foot dinosaur exhibit called Dino Zone
- A massive dinosaur named Ichiro was built for Burning Man, but is in Washington D.C. until this summer
- An engineering student built a PVC raptor puppet in her free time
- Quirky Berkeley has a treasure-hunt page dedicated to dinosaurs you can find around Berkeley, California
- In Bozeman, Montana, Gallatin High School has just made a raptor their new mascot
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Talarurus, more links from Brian Engh, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Talarurus-Episode-235/