Most of us know that positioning is the foundation of marketing. But actually doing positioning? That’s a harder task.
April Dunford joined us on the How We Solve podcast to discuss her 5-step process for helping brand position so customers are rushing to buy your product.
April is the Founder of Ambient Strategy and author of Obviously Awesome.
What we talked about:
- Problem: Positioning is foundational. But how do you actually do positioning?
- Market category
- Competitive alternatives
- Unique features
- Value that you can deliver to customers
- Which customers are you trying to sell to
- The 5 steps of positioning:
- Step 1: Make the right comparison
- Step 2: Ask, ‘How do those features add value for my customers?’
- Step 3: Understand why your best customers care so much about those features
- Step 4: Find your market, & position your product within that context
- Step 5: Test
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
This interview is part of the How We Solve podcast.
To hear more from industry experts who are solving everyday business problems, check us out on Apple Podcasts or on Spotify.