In this episode of Good Girls Talk About Sex, we talk with Yaz, a 30-year-old who describes herself as half-Persian/half-European, polyamorous, and single.
I wanted to interview Yaz because I recently saw her describe herself this way: “My assets include diversity (I am genderqueer, pansexual, a person of color, fat, and make under $30,000/year), a playful attitude (I am really a kid in an adult body), and a know-how of holding space for those whose voices get lost in the shuffle.”
Here are some of the great moments we shared with Yaz:
- 6:24 – Discovering the delights of the shower and bathtub faucet
- 9:18 – Discovering porn and movie sex scenes
- 15:14 – Yaz defines gender queer, pansexual, and gender non-conforming as she experiences them
- 17:15 – How being fat has affected her experience of sexuality
- 26:18 – Her first experience of penetrative sex … and what happened when she realized she wasn’t ready
- 31:20 – The STARS talk (as featured in Episode 8a)
- 38:45 – Is it still non-consensual if we don’t say “no?”
- 40:55 – What Yaz looks for in a potential partner
- 41:35 - THE QUICK FIVE
Mentioned in this episode:
- Sex Positive Portland – Where Yaz and I met, that provides education on sex positive topics as well as organized events in the Portland, Oregon, area
- Sex Positive World – The parent organization for Sex Positive Portland, with chapters around the world
- The STARS talk - an easy to remember acronym that will help you begin conversations leading to great, consensual sex. We did an entire episode on it and you can listen here!
If you’d like to hear the full, unedited version of this interview, including Yaz talking about her early explorations with women, become a community supporter at Patreon.
Host – Leah Carey (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, email)
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak