Michelle is a 42-year-old, cis-gender female who describes herself as black and married. She is currently sorting through whether she is gay or bisexual, and in the process she and her wife have opened up what was previously a monogamous marriage.
Major themes in this episode include discovering (and re-discovering) sexual orientation, mismatched libido in a marriage, infidelity and honesty within a marriage, and discovering physical desire in her 40s.
Here are some of the notable moments she shared with us:
- 5:35 – Michelle’s first-grade crush on her female teacher
- 10:00 – Michelle’s experience of inappropriate touch at 7 years old
- 11:00 – Michelle’s first kiss in college
- 13:00 – The power dynamic of giving blowjobs
- 14:30 – The cultural taboo of black men giving oral sex to women
- 16:00 – Michelle’s first experience of receiving oral sex and intercourse
- 18:18 – Michelle’s first experience with a woman
- 22:30 – Discomfort with sexual fluids
- 26:50 – Coming out to her friends as gay – and their reaction
- 33:00 – Mismatched libidos lead her wife to seek sex outside the marriage
- 35:50 – Michelle feels stirrings of raw passion with a man
- 41:05 – Michelle’s identity crisis over attraction to a male and potentially losing her identity as a strong lesbian
- 45:50 – Finally having an honest conversation with her wife – the impact and the aftermath
Because this episode ran so long, this week’s entire Q&A is available to everyone FOR FREE at Patreon!
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- FREE – The extended Q&A
- At the $1/month level, Michelle and I talk about how strong she was to get help as a young child, and how she doesn’t see herself that way
- At the $5/month level, Michelle considers whether her early attraction to men was authentic or manufactured so she could feel “normal”
- At the $10/month level, all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything!
Learn more and become a community supporter at www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex.
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
To learn about Sexual Communication Coaching, visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Host – Leah Carey (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, email)
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak