(Part 1 of a 2-part episode) Brianna grew up in the Baptist church where she learned that sex was sinful. Today, Brianna talks about her childhood sexual explorations with other little girls, her unfortunate first relationship with a boy, and the beginning of her relationship with her husband, including their recent introduction into the world of swinging.
Brianna is a 30-year-old cis-gender female who describes herself as white, bisexual, married, monogamish, Baptist, and exploring swinging for the first time. She and her husband have two young children.
Major themes in this episode include growing up Baptist, learning about consent, discovering bisexuality, and exploring swinging.
Here are some of the notable moments she shared with us:
- 4:10 – Her first memory of sexual desire in first grade while playing “house” with a friend
- 9:10 – Identifying as heterosexual but kissing girls in high school
- 10:25 – Her first sexual experience with a boy in middle school, including heavy petting and attempting to give oral
- 13:00 – Talking with her mom about sexual activity
- 14:20 – Watching her father cheating on her mother, resulting in trust issues
- 17:00 – The True Love Waits movement, which gave extreme messaging about abstinence—causing dissociation when she pursued activity anyway
- 23:45 – Her high school boyfriend penetrated her without consent, but at the time she thought it might have been her fault
- 26:25 – Believing it was her fault, she decided she must be a slut and experienced grief over the loss of her virginity
- 27:40 – A discussion about consent, readiness, and choice
- 30:00 – How she plans to talk to her kids about sex and consent
- 34:40 – Using sex to get attention, playing the field
- 36:45 – Meeting her husband-to-be and making him wait to physically engage
- 37:40 – Childhood masturbation
- 40:25 – The introduction of swinging into the marriage
- 43:00 – Talking about what is allowable at the resort, opening up major communication about the relationship as a whole
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- The extended Lowdown Q&A for ALL supporters at ALL levels!
Learn more and become a community supporter at www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex.
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at www.ratethispodcast.com/goodgirls Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
To learn about Sexual Communication Coaching, visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching Host – Leah Carey (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, email)
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak