This week, board-certified plastic surgeon Robert Whitfield, MD, talks about his journey overcoming both professional and personal hardships due to COVID-19. The pandemic has affected Dr. Whitfield in both his practice and in personal life, as he lost his father to the illness during the lockdown. He touches on several aspects of dealing with this reality, including:
- A medical professional’s perspective on losing a family member to COVID;
- The difficulties of losing a loved one during lockdown;
- How other team members have also lost close family members;
- Preparing to re-open while dealing with personal loss;
- Dealing with “COVID fatigue” among patients and community members;
- Lessons learned from months of virtual consults;
- And more.