Marketing Week Meets... McDonald's UK CMO Gareth Helm
Gareth Helm is one of the UK’s most experienced and respected marketers. After ditching a career as a chemist, he started his marketing journey at Unilever before going on to hold senior positions at some of the UK’s best known brands including Innocent and Moneysupermarket. He now has one of the biggest jobs in UK marketing – CMO of McDonald’s.
In this wide-ranging interview Helm discusses:
• His passion for marketing, and understanding customers
• Why making money from the present and not the future is a road to nowhere
• The importance of continuous learning
• The virtues of horizontal career moves
• Why getting stakeholder engagement is key to influence and impact