When classic physique competitor, fitness model, and Team Bodybuilding.com athlete Lawrence Ballenger started oiling up his muscles 2 minutes into the conversation, we should have known what we were in for. He discusses his insane diet and protein intake, plus how to stay in ketosis on 500g of carbs a day. Then, he and Heather throw down on a burger eating competition.
- His experience in the Brute Strength Showdown, competing against elite CrossFit, powerlifting, and Olympic lifting athletes
- His maintenance diet: 7,000 calories, and 400-500g of carbs, even when he's in ketosis
- "I actually like doing crossfit, when I can breathe."
- His secret 3-4 cups of heavy cream a day
- His next conquest: strongman! And his stage name? "Dimple Nipple."
- The story he can't get escape from: Getting pinned under 50 pounds at age 15 on Thanksgiving day
- The next step? Start doing whatever Mike O'Hearn does
- His advice for gainers: eat 2-3k over maintenance, kiddo
- His other secret: four 100g protein shakes a day. Seriously.
- How he incorporates blood flow restriction training
- Why feeling like you're in danger some of the time is essential for progress
- Lawrence's new rapper name: MC Danger Gains
- His favorite BFR leg workout: the 1,000-rep squat challenge
- His early experiences with ketogenic dieting, and when he was allowed his first cheat meal
- Breakfast this morning? 14 eggs and 17 turkey patties
- Words to grow by: "You're not gonna get to 270 not eating."
- And then things devolve until Lawrence and Heather are having a hamburger eating challenge in the company cafeteria.
Be sure to follow us on social media for daily fitness updates!
Twitter | https://twitter.com/bodybuildingcom
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/Bodybuildingcom
Snapchat | https://www.snapchat.com/add/bodybuildingcom
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/bodybuildingcom/
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/Bodybuildingcom/
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/user/bodybuildingcomvideo
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+bodybuildingcom
Spotify | http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
Mobile Apps | http://bbcom.me/2d7tixc
Bodybuilding.com | http://www.bodybuilding.com/podcast
Also check out the Bodybuilding.com channel in the Apple News and Google News mobile apps.