Researcher and "Physique Scientist" Dr. Bill Campbell, the head of the Physique Enhancement Laboratory at the University of South Florida, talks about two groundbreaking studies he's worked on regarding protein intake for women and flexible dieting, as well as the incredible science of strength training for fat-loss.
- His protein study: Dial in your protein and "do whatever you want with carbs and fat, I don't care. Just don't diet."
- "The protein aberration:" 425 extra calories per day, but no fat gained.
- The flaw in the study, from the study's author
- "If I didn't see that in my own lab, in my own data I wouldn't believe it."
- There's a catch: You need to lift!
- The flexible dieting study: "To the best of my knowledge, we did the first study in resistance trained individuals with this flexible dieting paradigm."
- "We wanted to see how people would come out of these diets. How would their bodies respond if you were previously tracking or if you were following a rigid diet?"
- The short-term results vs. the long-term potential of this study.
- What these two studies say about the scale as a way to measure progress
- Why adding muscle mass is always a win
- How Bill Campbell measures progress if not on the scale
- What he's planning on studying next about flexible dieting
- How flexible dieting can be "self-correcting"
- What's next from his lab: carb-cycling
- Why strength training is essential for both the "leaning out" athlete and the beginner
Be sure to follow us on social media for daily fitness updates!
Twitter | https://twitter.com/bodybuildingcom
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/Bodybuildingcom
Snapchat | https://www.snapchat.com/add/bodybuildingcom
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/bodybuildingcom/
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/Bodybuildingcom/
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/user/bodybuildingcomvideo
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+bodybuildingcom
Spotify | http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
Mobile Apps | http://bbcom.me/2d7tixc
Bodybuilding.com | http://www.bodybuilding.com/podcast