Hello and welcome to the Baha’i Blogcast with me your host, Rainn Wilson.
In this series of podcasts I interview members of the Baha’i Faith and friends from all over the world about their hearts, and minds, and souls, their spiritual journeys, what they’re interested in, and what makes them tick.
In this episode, I'm in Los Angeles with four wonderful sisters who live down the road from me named Vadi, Nava, Nika, and Nura Esmailizadeh. Can't pronounce their last name? Don't worry, I still can't get it right and I've known the sisters and their parents for over 15 years now! I wanted them on the podcast to learn how to pronounce their last name once and for all, and also because they've been such great examples of young Baha'is who are actively engaged in serving their community. They tell me about their studies and the community service they're involved in. We discuss the Institute Process, the importance of service and community-building work, and they share their own personal experiences in this process. I hope you enjoy the conversation with these four wonderful sisters as much as I did!
To find out more about some of the things we covered in this episode, check out the following links:
* Rainn mentions the Baha'i Blogcast episode with Dr. Robert Kim-Farley: https://bit.ly/2UXlvFn
Find out more about Baha'i Study Circles and the Training Institute here: https://bit.ly/3a6yyc8
* Find out about the Ruhi sequence of courses here: https://bit.ly/2wAHuc0
* We talk about the 'Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Program' [JYSEP]: https://www.bahaiblog.net/junior-youth/
* We mention 'Devotional Gatherings': https://bit.ly/2UX0SsS
* We mention 'Children's Classes': https://bit.ly/34yBZHd
* We mention the Bosch Baha'i School: http://www.bosch.org/
* We talk about the importance of service in the Baha'i Faith: https://bit.ly/3emWlrA
* I mention 'The Dawnbreakers': https://bit.ly/3ed5Yc7
* We talk about the Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity [ISGP]: https://www.globalprosperity.org/
* We mention the Baha’i World Centre (www.bwc.org/). You may find this Baha’i Blog article interesting: Why is the Baha’i World Centre in Israel? bit.ly/2IsLihu
* Nika reads the following quote from Baha'u'llah: "If it be Thy pleasure, make me to grow as a tender herb in the meadows of Thy grace, that the gentle winds of Thy will may stir me up and bend me into conformity with Thy pleasure, in such wise that my movement and my stillness may be wholly directed by Thee." -Baha'u'llah
* You may also enjoy this musical rendition of the above quote on Baha'i Blog Studio Sessions called "If it be Thy Pleasure" by Alicia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXskVRFYGg
* Nura mentions letters from the Universal House of Justice: https://universalhouseofjustice.bahai.org/
* Nura talks about the Baha'i Faith and partisan politics: https://bit.ly/2XprnJ4
* Nava shares a quote from 'The Tablets of the Divine Plan' (https://bit.ly/2UWm827), and you can read this article called 'What Are the Tablets of the Divine Plan?' to find out more: https://bit.ly/2wwbsOk
* We mention Baha'i pioneering, which you can learn more about here: https://bit.ly/34rqh12
* We mention 'The Advent of Divine Justice' written by Shoghi Effendi: https://bit.ly/3aZXgw1
* At the end of the podcast, the sisters sing the following quote from Abdul-Baha: "When one is released from the prison of self, that is indeed freedom! For self is the greatest prison." -Abdu'l-Baha
Be sure to subscribe to the Baha’i Blogcast for more episodes on:
* YouTube: http://bit.ly/2JTNmBO
* iTunes: http://apple.co/2leHPHL
* Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bahaiblogcast
* Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2IXRAnb
If you would like to find out more about the Baha'i Faith visit BAHAI.ORG, and for more great Baha'i-inspired content check out BAHAIBLOG.NET: http://bahaiblog.net/
Thanks for listening!