May 18, 2023
Breath Training, Why You Aren’t Getting Faster, and More – Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast 417
Share the podcast with your friends, and rate it 5-stars!
Google Podcasts: https://trainerroad.cc/google
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
(0:00) 🏁 Ivy and Jonathan are racing Singletrack 6! Short preview, expectations, etc.
(16:00) 🫁 Do inspiratory and respiratory breathing (breath training) devices make you faster?
(33:09) 🥵 What is the maximum amount of training busy professionals should do? (Balancing work with training)
(42:15) 🧐 Why you aren’t getting faster (Why isn’t my training working?)
(57:02) 🔥 Why you are getting dropped in race starts (how to train for hard starts)
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Singletrack 6 Stage Breakdowns: https://trainerroad.cc/st6spreadsheet
- Effect of respiratory muscle training on exercise performance in healthy individuals: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Illi, et al., 2012: https://trainerroad.cc/Illi2012
- Influence of Inspiratory Muscle Training on Ventilatory Efficiency and Cycling Performance in Normoxia and Hypoxia, Salazar-Martinez, et al., 2017: https://trainerroad.cc/SalazarMartinez2017
- Inspiratory muscle training improves cycling time-trial performance and anaerobic work capacity but not critical power, Johnson, et al., 2007: https://trainerroad.cc/Johnson2017
- Time to Move Beyond a “One-Size Fits All” Approach to Inspiratory Muscle Training, Shei, et al., 2022: https://trainerroad.cc/Shei2022
- Grinduro California: https://trainerroad.cc/GrinduroCA
- Stetina’s Paydirt: https://trainerroad.cc/StetinasPaydirt
Watch our latest Cycling Science Explained video now!
Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast below!
TRY TRAINERROAD RISK FREE FOR 30 DAYS!
TrainerRoad is the #1 cycling training app. No other cycling app is more effective. Over 13,000 positive reviews, a 4.9 star App Store rating.
Adaptive Training from TrainerRoad uses machine learning and science-based coaching principles to continually assess your performance and intelligently adjust your training plan. It trains you as an individual and makes you a faster cyclist.
Learn more about TrainerRoad: https://trainerroad.cc/3LBb5Ur
Learn more about Adaptive Training: https://trainerroad.cc/35Tqtea
ABOUT THE ASK A CYCLING COACH PODCAST
The only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. TrainerRoad's Ask a Cycling Coach podcast gives you the chance to get answers to your cycling and triathlon training questions with USAC/USAT certified coaches, pro athletes, and other special guests.
Have a question for the podcast? Ask here: https://trainerroad.cc/3HTFXNi
MORE PODCASTS FROM TRAINERROAD
Listen to the Successful Athletes Podcast: https://trainerroad.cc/3JmKrN5
Listen to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast: https://trainerroad.cc/3LpuIhP
STAY IN TOUCH
Training Blog: https://trainerroad.cc/3gCdNdN
TrainerRoad Forum: https://trainerroad.cc/3uHvLnE
Strava Club: https://www.strava.com/clubs/trainerroad
TrainerRoad Podcast Network
Submit your Question to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Subscribe to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Submit your story to the Successful Athletes Podcast
Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast
Submit a topic to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast