In April 2021, more than 4 million US workers quit their jobs—the biggest spike on record. And the turnover is expected to continue. What can businesses do to retain employees during the Great Resignation?
On this episode of POPS! Zenefits Senior HR Advisor Lora Patterson explains the key reasons why people are leaving their jobs and strategies companies can use to keep their best employees.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- [00:00-00:41] What is the Great Resignation?
- [00:41-01:40] How the pandemic altered how workers view their careers and lives
- [01:40-03:31] The key reasons why employees may be considering a job change
- [03:31-05:03] Why work-life balance matters to workers more than ever before
- [05:03-05:49] Why it’s important to survey your workforce on their preferences
- [05:49-06:37] Steps you can take to keep your workforce
- [06:37-07:39] Step 1: Involve managers
- [07:40-08:09] Step 2: Develop mentoring programs and build career paths
- [08:09-10:16] Step 3: Identify at-risk workers
- [10:17-10:35] Step 4: Identify departments or teams with particularly high turnover
- [10:35-10:57] Reeling in employees who are checked out or disengaged