Should small business leaders plan to acknowledge and celebrate the holiday, even if they haven’t in the past?
On this episode of POPS!, Zenefits Chief Operating Officer Issac Vaughn joins Danny Speros for a conversation about what Juneteenth is, how it’s celebrated, and the importance of acknowledging it—even if it makes you feel uncomfortable. You’ll hear how talking about Juneteenth plays into broader DEI efforts and why everyone benefits when small businesses foster inclusive workplaces.
On this episode, you’ll hear:
- [01:07-02:42] Meet Issac Vaughn, Zenefits’ Chief Operating Officer
- [03:00-03:54] What Juneteenth is
- [04:02-06:05] How people celebrate Juneteenth today
- [06:06-08:03] The importance of supporting Black-owned businesses in celebration of Juneteenth
- [08:08-10:49] Why acknowledging Juneteenth is good for business
- [10:49-12:36] Why inclusion is the glue that holds diversity efforts together
- [13:07-15:10] The key to acknowledging Juneteenth for the first time: authenticity
- [15:11-17:29] How HR leaders can get employees involved in Juneteenth
- [17:30-19:42] The impact of DEI efforts and how it can drive engagement