I'm super excited to welcome back to the podcast my friend, Jenna Riemersma. Jenna and I were chatting about her concept of 'Moving Towards' and decided to do another episode together. Jenna is such an amazing teacher, and I am thrilled that she shares her wisdom with us.
I felt so much Self energy and calmness in the middle of the podcast I forgot to ask about her 'Three Steps!'. Thankfully, she reminded my parts who got back online quickly.
Here is an outline:
- Burdened parts move against
- Move against in our culture (politics, covid)
- The Power of the Self and the IFS model
- The 8 C qualities of Self= What Love does and What Love looks like
- Move towards starts with me then moves to we
- Living a Move Toward kind of life - especially in our advocacy
- Betrayal Trauma (Jenna explains the role of parts for both parties)
- Psychological theories and Trauma
- Attachment (External and Internal) ---This is SO GOOD!
- Three Steps of Moving Towards
- All Together You - her book about Moving towards in Faith Communities
I took so many notes.
Check out her website for SO MANY free resources:
Sign up for my email list to see my book cover REVEAL in November and get a free 'get to know a should part of you':
Jenna says, "We are way more than the Burden of One (or some) of our parts. We are the Self behind that."