Arts and Culture
More from Google
Get the Android app
Get the iOS app
Politics Politics Politics
Justin Robert Young
Tired of being fed exactly what you want to hear? Exhausted by pretending polling explains the unexplainable? Join Justin Robert Young as he navigates the 2020 election from the front lines.
2 days ago
KAMALA HARRIS IS THE PICK! VEEPSTAKES FINALE SPECIAL!
A cavalcade of guests help Justin break down the Kamala pick. - Gloria Young (Justin's mother, @globugyoung) is over the moon and will get a "Soul of the Nation" tattoo on her stomach like Tupac if she gets any more excited - Andrew Heaton (The Political Orphanage, @MightyHeaton) is pumped that it's not Elizabeth Warren but is also unsure of what Kamala stands for. - Jack Allison (Struggle Session, JackAM, @JackAllisonLOL) has lost all reason as a progressive to follow this election and has given in to cynical horserace coverage - Chad Prather (Chad Prather Show, @WatchChad) warns other Trump fans to not let their Kamala memes distract them from the issues - Michael Socolow (Media History Professor at University of Maine, @MichaelSocolow) believes this reaffirms Biden's glide path to the White House
1 hr 35 min
Aug 8, 2020
Does the jobs report doom Trump? Why Kanye hates Biden. Tech and our Cold War with China
- July jobs report is "meh" but will it be used as a weapon by Trump or Biden? - Veepstakes Eve Part II! Has anything changed? - Is Kanye running as a spoiler candidate? If so is it because he loves Trump or he hates the Obama administration? - Mailbag including questions about the economy, local judges and the origin of the term "cuck" that will blow you away. - Tom Merritt (@acedtect) discussing Trump's executive orders on TikTok and WeChat. Also, how our new Cold War with China will affect tech going forward.
1 hr 4 min
Aug 5, 2020
Deep diving Biden v. Trump's YouTube, Cocaine Mitch caves, is College Football cancelled?
- Justin has become obsessed with the YouTube accounts of both candidates. Find out what messages they are pushing and discover which of them is posting HUNDREDS of videos a month. - Cocaine Mitch caves on COVID stimulus, Veepstakes down to two, all DNC speakers will be virtual - Interview with Victoria Jackson (@HistoryRunner) about the tipping point of college athletics and why the entire season should be cancelled so the NCAA can save itself.
1 hr 2 min
Jul 31, 2020
Apple Amazon Google Facebook Hearing breakdown with Molly Wood
- News Bits! Epstein docs unsealed. COVID surges back in Japan, Germany and Australia. Penguins hockey returns. Congress lets unemployment benefit expire. - Mailbag! JuRY gets ROASTED for his Cuomo take and reads Umberto Eco's 14 Features of Fascism from both left and right perspectives. - Molly Wood (@MollyWood) of Marketplace and Make Me Smart breaks down everything you need to know about the big tech hearings on Wednesday and if we will see any action.
1 hr 13 min
Jul 29, 2020
Susan Rice is the VP? Veepstakes ends Saturday? Biden on Portland. Political Memes through history
- Biden-heavy episode this week. Is Biden running for president or simply to eject Trump from office? - Susan Rice is our last VP vetting candidate... but honestly... is it necessary? We all know who the real nominee is. - Biden finally weighs in on Portland but is he playing into Trump's hands? - The history and impact of political memes with Jamie Cohen (@NewAndDigital) who pioneered a degree in the subject.
1 hr 12 min
Jul 25, 2020
Trump blinks! Cancels RNC! Should schools open? Secret Police! COVID liability!
- Trump cancels RNC in Jacksonville in latest step to show he cares about COVID handing a big victory to the Dems. But did he just officially stop shooting himself in the foot on this? - Mailbag! Ranked choice feedback from Aussies, teachers lecture on school reopening and a discussion of Trump's agents in Portland and Chicago. - Interview with Sachin Pandya (@sachinspandya) about COVID liability legislation.
1 hr 16 min
Jul 22, 2020
Deconstructing Trump 2020 mistakes, massive VP announcement, judging the Supreme Court results
- Donald Trump's campaign has made some incorrect assumptions about COVID and failed to have discipline enough to define Joe Biden. Both could cost him the election. Justin breaks it down. - Andrew Heaton (@MightyHeaton) has a massive announcement. Seriously. - Tom Clark (@tom_s_clark) helps sift through the Supreme Court decisions. Should conservatives be happy about the judges they appointed?
1 hr 24 min
Jul 17, 2020
Does 2020 feel like a landslide to you? Is Ranked Choice Voting effective?
- All the numbers say that this election is going to be a generational landslide. But does it feel like it? We look back at 1980 to compare and contrast. - Why COVID killed our appetite for Trump's rhetoric, the NBA taking heat from Sen. Hawley and why masks got politicized in our mailbag. - Interview with Jason McDaniel (@ValisJason) about Ranked Choice Voting and if it is ultimately worth the unintended consequences.
1 hr 13 min
Jul 15, 2020
Jeff Sessions is vanquished, RBG hospitalized, Kanye Out? Trump's rhetoric vs. Obama
- With RBG hospitalized, is Cocaine Mitch getting ready to run the hurry up offense to appoint another justice? - We have some finalized matchups for Senate in Alabama, Texas and Maine. - Kanye West is quitting the presidential race... or is he... - Tom Merritt delivers a history lesson on how Richard Nixon almost became the Andrew Yang of his day - Interview with Jennifer Mercieca (@jenmercieca) about the differences in rhetoric between Donald Trump and Barack Obama. Also,does Hide-A-Biden play to Joe's rhetorical strengths?
1 hr 17 min
Jul 10, 2020
COVID deaths are back up, Are you motivated to vote by anger?
- With COVID deaths moving in the wrong direction again, President Trump is going to have to wrestle with his lack of approval on his handling. And by the way, he has a convention coming up. - Mailbag including questions on Kanye, how the immigrant wave of the 1900 compares to modern day racism, being confronted by a freezing cold take from pre-COVID world and more. - Interview with Davin Phoenix (@Davin_Phoenix) on how voters from different races are animated to go to the polls and what role anger does or doesn't play.
1 hr 2 min
Jul 9, 2020
Why the Democratic convention will be the largest disaster in internet history
- Party platforms are historically angry and boring. Now the Democrats are going to hold theirs online while the progressive wing is desperately searching to move the party leftward. This will be a disaster. - Kanye. The Forbes article. The Birthday Party. Please skip this segment if you hate Kanye. - Interview with Kevin Mattson about comparisons between Trump and Nixon as well as Trump and Carter. Also, bonus talk about punk music in the 80s and Reagan.
1 hr 3 min
Jul 3, 2020
Mask Mandate Madness, Why Herman Cain could get Trump's campaign boss fired
- We discuss some of the odd cases of mask mandates including Knox County, Tennessee where the only man to vote against it is WWE Superstar Kane. - Herman Cain has COVID and that could affect the power struggle within the Trump campaign. - Dave Levinthal (Business Insider) talks the FEC crumbling, Biden beating Trump in fundraising and what a money factory The Villages.
1 hr 1 min
Jul 1, 2020
Breaking down Biden's first public appearance in months. Can progressives win in rural states?
- Biden lives! Justin breaks down his first speech and Q and A. What is his strategy now that he's emerged from the basement? What parts of Trump is he targeting? How did he handle his questions including a parting shot about his mental cognition? - Hickenlooper survives a doozy of a final month to get his party's nomination for Senate. Amy McGrath will now take on Cocaine Mitch in November. Both beat progressives. Does the Bernie revolution play in the rural parts of the country? - Risa Brooks (@RisaBrooks12) discusses the simmering tensions between Trump and military leaders nervous about their historic relationship with civilian government.
1 hr 2 min
Jun 26, 2020
Mailbag! Tulsa feedback! ALSO Media in the age of COVID + Protests
BONUS EP BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT! - Mailbag questions on Tulsa, electoral college, police reform and more! - Interview with Pete Freedman of Central Track in Dallas, Texas about the desperate place COVID left his website, the unexpected rise in traffic with the lockdown, the intensity of covering a month of protests, how Facebook made an old article go viral and more.
1 hr 11 min
Jun 24, 2020
Are we truly prepared to not know a winner on election night? Trump's testing fumble.
- With another election stretching past election night and only more mail ballots on the horizon, is it time we realized that Election Week 2020 is coming? - Trump's Tulsa rally was a big missed opportunity but not as big as his position on testing. - We speak with Joanna Schwartz (UCLA) about Qualified Immunity, the arguments for/against, if it will be replaced by congress and why it might be the only thing Justices Thomas and Sotomayor agree on.
Jun 22, 2020
Tulsa Trump Rally As It Happened! The crowds, the COVID anxiety (and lack thereof) and the protests!
- Interviewing Trump fans in line for the rally - Waiting for Air Force One to land with Kevin Ryan - Sorting through the confusion brought on by attendance woes - Getting pepper sprayed during the protests
1 hr 3 min
Jun 19, 2020
LIVE from the Tulsa Trump Rally!
- We interview the first woman in line for the Trump rally who drove five days from Florida to be there. Justin asks about masks. - A trip to the former Black Wall Street to reflect on Juneteenth - Interview with Seth Masket (FiveThirtyEight, Mischiefs of Faction) who defends the photo op and is dragged into a WAY too granular conversation about John Hickenlooper's Senate primary because Justin can't shut up about it.
Jun 17, 2020
What the first COVID-19 rally means for Trump & Biden, Hickenlooper follies, Police Unions
- Donald Trump will officially reboot the 2020 campaign on Saturday but what are the stakes for Biden and Trump? Will the risky gambit be a fatal blow for Trump? Will it force Biden out of the basement? How tenable is Biden's very conservative strategy? - John Hickenlooper didn't succeed in running for president but he's currently leading the GOP incumbent for Senate. But will he make it there? A few new revelations complicate Hick's chances to make it out of the primary. - The Senate GOP has introduced their police reform bill, will they be able to work with the House? Is Cocaine Mitch trying to speed this along or slow it further? - Interview with Daniel DiSalvo about police unions, their role in politics and if reform is possible without their cooperation.
Jun 12, 2020
Rallies in the age of COVID, Bolton Book preview, How important is the VP to an election?
- Justin is going to Tulsa to cover the first Trump rally so it gets him thinking about the lockdown and how we can hope to live our lives with the virus. - John Bolton's book is finally going to come out at the end of the month. Will this be the one that FINALLY DOES TRUMP IN? Spoiler: probably not. - Kyle C. Kopko and Christopher J. Devine (Authors of the new book Do Running Mates Matter?) join the show to discuss the historical worth of a vice president.
1 hr 4 min
Jun 11, 2020
Biden runs to the right of Trump on police, vetting Keisha Lance Bottoms veepstakes chances
- Congress is possibly moving toward putting a bi-partisan police reform bill on Trump's desk and Joe Biden is suggesting a $300 million payment to police departments. We look at the strategy behind Joe's move to the right on police. - A roundup of the primary contests last night including the hot mess in Georgia. - Vetting Keisha Lance Bottoms, the mayor of Atlanta, who is now a Veepstakes frontrunner. - Interview with Michael Socolow about the media's role in covering COVID, protests and election. Also, a conversation on how shrewd the Hide-A-Biden strategy is. - Your emails including a defense of Canadian divisions, JLO for VP, a screen on straw men and for the first time in months... AN ANGRY EMAIL!
1 hr 35 min
Jun 5, 2020
Should Biden's lead on Trump be bigger? Cops respond to my Police Brutality episode
- Biden is leading by 7% on average but should he be leading by more considering his opponent is dealing with a pandemic and nationwide riots? - Police officer listeners reached out after the Police Brutality episode with their thoughts. - Interview with George Dehner about the 1957 and 1968 pandemics and the origins of our modern social distancing
1 hr 8 min
Jun 3, 2020
Justin discusses the George Floyd murder and the the reaction - The history of how little accountability police departments have and how repealing Qualified Immunity could make a difference overnight. - A moment when Rush Limbaugh applied Colin Kaepernick-esqe dexterity in his conversation with the Breakfast Club - Vetting Val Demings, the only VP possibility who is a former police chief
May 29, 2020
George Floyd protests, Trump Twitter War, WHO defunding, Reopening anxiety
Justin discusses the George Floyd protests and ensuing damage. Charges brought against the officer that did it. Trumps escalating war with Twitter in light of his executive order. The defunding of the WHO is also mentioned because a lot happened this morning. Also, an interview about reopening anxiety and the universal truth with Kevin Ryan.
May 27, 2020
We vetted Gretchen Whitmer, the politics of masks, Twitter takes a stand on Trump
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is a serious candidate to be selected as Joe Biden's VP candidate so Justin takes a look at her past in Michigan and what she can bring to a Biden-Whitmer ticket in November. - Emails about our interview last Friday and a question about why masks have become a political issue. - Tom Merritt of Daily Tech News Show discusses Twitter's decision to put a fact check link on two Trump tweets. How well thought out was this move? Does it bring Silicon Valley closer to regulation? Is it just opening a #HellPortal or maybe even a #PortalToHell?
May 22, 2020
Biden's "you ain't black" gaffe, Battleground State poll wackiness, Canadian political polarization
- Biden's comments to The Breakfast Club have kicked up another storm. We look at the context and predict if it matters past the news cycle. - Poll the nation or poll each states individually and Biden is leading, but poll all the battleground states together and Trump is leading. Why is there a difference? - We interview Dr. Eric Merkley about political polarization in Canada and how our neighbors to the north are weathering the COVID storm.
May 20, 2020
Is Biden or Trump tougher on China? Congressional mistress reveals all on her own podcast!
- More Americans think China is an enemy post COVID-19 and both Biden and Trump are portraying each other as soft on Xi. Is China becoming an issue that can move voters? Or is Biden chasing it a trap? - In what I believe to be a first, a sitting congressman currently running for re-election in November had his world turned upside down because his mistress revealed their affair... via her own narrative podcast. - Interview with Dr. Lisa Keränen about the language used in politics about illness. Learn why it's good news when politicians go from calling a pandemic a monster in the bushes to calling it a raging fire.
May 16, 2020
Obamagate For Dummies! Are we trusting experts again? Woodrow Wilson's illness caused WW2
- Hours of research has finally unearthed a reasonable theory of what Obamagate is. Also, why it might be a successful strategy for Trump in the general. - Benjamin Waterhouse and Lee Vinsel join the show to discuss America's troubled history with "experts" and how COVID has affected it. - Your emails including why Woodrow Wilson getting the Spanish Flu might have caused World War II
1 hr 3 min
May 13, 2020
Does the GOP win in CA25 matter? Pandemic President got sick! Civil Liberties in the age of COVID
- Actual politics! HOORAY! An election happened and we debate if it means anything or not - If Trump got sick from the Vid, he wouldn't be the first president felled by a pandemic. In fact, he would certainly be able to recover with less pressure on him. The story you will be pissed you didn't know before you heard it here! - Interview with Cindy Cohn of the Electronic Frontier Foundation about the dangers of technical solutions to COVID and her organizations work to help protect digital rights.
May 8, 2020
The pandemic you never heard about, Tara Reade, embarrassing political comedy, vote by mail
- The 1958 pandemic killed over 100,000 Americans but you've never heard of it and it didn't have political ramifications. What the hell? - Tara Reade breaks her silence in TV interview - Embarrassing political skits for campaigns - Interview with Mindy Romero ( Director of the California Civic Engagement Project at the Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California) about the viability of mail-in voting
May 7, 2020
Awful COVID reporting, a definitive political Love/Hate list, Andrew Heaton rants
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Justin rants about a few stories that were awful and actively made the world dumber during a pandemic - After daring to ask Twitter what they love and hate about politics, Justin seeks to illustrate how political ads succeed and fail in taking advantage of the results - Andrew Heaton (Political Orphanage) rants
May 1, 2020
Full Biden Interview Breakdown, the COVID death toll, 5G conspiracies
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Biden broke his Tara Reade silence, we have the full breakdown - Coronavirus death toll slowed a little but Trump is getting into the political danger zone - Interview with Joe Uscinski about COVID conspiracies big and small
1 hr 2 min
Apr 30, 2020
A plea for transparency, Biden's new Tara Reade talking points, the criminalization of illness
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Some states open fast, others open slow but all we want to some transparency on how we get there - Biden's new Tara Reade talking points might have made a bigger mess - Interview with Trevor Hoppe about the history of criminalizing illness in America and why we need to be careful about how we do it now.
Apr 24, 2020
GA's reopening dooms Kemp? Insane details on Gillum scandal, Las Vegas mayor interview breakdown
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus update - Trump's "suggestion" to inject disinfectant - Kemp's political future after reopening Georgia - A glimmer of hope from New York? - The list of drugs found in the hotel room of the Andrew Gillum scandal - Breaking down the Mayor of Las Vegas' CNN interview with Paul Mattingly, Matt Donnelly and Jacob Smith from Ice Cream Social
Apr 22, 2020
Trump's most consequential 7 days, Reopen protests run by grifters? History of the politics of oil
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - If the escalating COVID death toll doesn't slow in the next week like it's supposed to, is Trump screwed? - The outrage scammers who are creating discord for fun and profit - Interview with Professor Osamah F. Khalil about this history of oil in the Middle East and how it became forever tied to American politics - We begin our two-week Campaign Undertaker giveaway of Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign memorabilia.
1 hr 4 min
Apr 17, 2020
Global Alliance vs. Isolationism, Federalism vs. States Rights in the Age of Plague World
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Interview with Christopher McKnight Nichols (Director of the Oregon State University Center for the Humanities) on the history of American Isolationism - Interview with Rick Hills (NYU Law Professor) about the powers of the federal government in times of crisis. - Your emails!
1 hr 18 min
Apr 15, 2020
Biden's endorsement parade, does Justin Amash help or hurt Trump? Kamala Harris fundraising clues
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Joe Biden's endorsement parade - Andrew Heaton joins us to talk about Justin Amash and if his Never Trump Libertarian campaign helps or hurts the president. - Dave Levinthal joins to talk about Q1 fundraising, the wreckage of Bloomberg and the Kamala Harris clues that point to a possible VP nom
1 hr 5 min
Apr 10, 2020
Trump's brutal Biden strategy, May reopening? History of government responses to pandemics
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Trump drops his second Biden ad and a very brutal pattern has already emerged - Are we on track to reopen parts of the economy in May? - Interview with Graham Mooney of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine about the history of public health in the age of pandemics - Mail bagI
1 hr 5 min
Apr 9, 2020
Bernie OUT! Interview with a Wisconsin voter. RIP Linda Tripp.
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Remembering Bernie 2020 - Interview with Tim Merritt (brother of Tom) who actually voted in Wisconsin yesterday - Elizabeth Warren swag giveaway - Interview with Jack Allison about the end of Bernie, state of the DNC and Biden v. Trump
1 hr 4 min
Apr 3, 2020
The politics of Shelter At Home, China lied, Wisconsin caves, PEEPS!
- Hyperbole-Free Coronavirus Update - Is a National Shelter At Home order possible? What hurdles does it have to clear? - China lied - Wisconsin Primary pushed? - An interview with Barbara Martin about her Instagram account @WeThePeeple about her politically-themed Peep dioramas.
Apr 1, 2020
Our grim COVID-19 reality, Wisconsin is going to have a primary? China is lying
DONATE: United Way NYC unitedwaynyc.org/covid19 - Hyperbole Free Coronavirus Update - For the first time we have a federal projection into how many people will die from COVID-19 and it's very grim. We discuss the reality of the situation and touch on the political physics that will come from it. - For real though? Wisconsin is really going to have polling places where people vote in a week? - China is lying about the number of cases and deaths from COVID-19 according to the multiple intelligence sources. - Interview with Dan Hopkins about the nationalization of politics and why that is both good and bad for our modern plague problem.
1 hr 6 min
Mar 27, 2020
Stimulus bill signed, Biden sexual assault allegation? China lying? Is this a Great Depression?
DONATE: www.cdcfoundation.org/coronavirus - Hyperbole-free Coronavirus Update - A '93 staffer has made a sexual assault claim against Joe Biden, will CNN ask him about it tonight? - I think China is lying about being over their coronavirus infection. - Interview with Steven Conn of Miami University about the Great Depression and what is similar to now and what is not.
Mar 25, 2020
How is Donald Trump handling the virus? What the hell is going on with Biden? Online voting?
- Most questions I get revolve around some version of "is Trump going to win/lose in November because of this?" So, I answer as best I can. - Honestly who is running the Biden campaign? - Eric Geller of Politico on cyber security, vote by mail in 2020 and if the mood is right for online voting.
1 hr 2 min
Mar 20, 2020
Hyperbole-free coronavirus update, Bloomberg spent a billion, Insider trading, Kevin Ryan
- Facts, figures and news about COVID-19 and no nonsense - FEC filings show Bloomberg spent WAY more than we thought - Insider trading scandal rocks DC - Discussion with Kevin Ryan about the impending birth of his first child, journalism critiques and Bernie predictions.
Mar 18, 2020
How long will Bernie hang on? Tom Perez is bad at his job. Interview about Citizenship in America
- A tribute to Bernie 2020 - Joe's (last?) primary blowout - The reality for Bernie and the argument for him to suspend his campaign now - Interview with Elizabeth Cohen about citizenship in America - Your emails
1 hr 12 min
Mar 13, 2020
Coronavirus state of emergency, Are independents more attractive? Gloria Young update
- Justin thinks Trump just bet his presidency on the coronavirus fallout - Interview with Samara Klar on how disdain for parties is leading to political inaction and less romance. - Justin checks in with his mom about coronavirus, who she is going to vote for in the Florida primary and her reaction to Florida gubernatorial runner up Andrew Gillum being caught in a South Beach hotel room with meth and a gay escort.
1 hr 19 min
Mar 12, 2020
Biden, I mean... what? VP discussion, deep dive into the 48 hours that changed the race
- Biden wins Michigan and both candidates are cancelling campaign stops so it's time to call in some friends from the trail now that we are possibly at the end of the road. - Dan Newhauser of Vice explains what it was like on the ground during the great Centrist Convergence in Texas before Super Tuesday. - JD Durkin of Cheddar tells us if Biden or Bernie are preferable to Trump in some of the most volatile pivot counties in America. - Andrew Heaton of the Political Orphanage exclaims how great Biden's likely nomination is for his sex life.
1 hr 55 min
Mar 7, 2020
Bernie's bruising road ahead, the moments that cost Warren, are Political Hobbyists bad?
- Why Bernie needs Michigan - The three moments that lost Elizabeth Warren the election and a confirmation of a long held theory - Interview with Eitan Hersh about Political Hobbyists and how to motivate them
Mar 5, 2020
SUPER TUESDAY! Biden? Really? Reveling in Bloomberg's failure. Did Bernie's big Nevada win doom him?
- A mea culpa on Joe Biden - Breaking down the Super Tuesday results - Hard lessons for Bernie 2020 - Breaking down the financials on Michael Bloomberg's hilarious run for president - Interview with Dr. Precious Hall about why Bernie exploded in Nevada and why the results might have sealed his fate on Super Tuesday
Feb 29, 2020
SOUTH CAROLINA Part II: The Tom Steyer Rally
An audio documentary about one of the most surreal political rallies in modern history. Featuring musical performances by: Yolanda Adams, Kat Taylor and Juvenile.
Feb 28, 2020
SOUTH CAROLINA: Part I - Bernie vs. Biden
Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are the most likely to win South Carolina. Hear what both of the candidates told their supporters in the make-or-break First in the South Primary.
Feb 27, 2020
Banned from Twitch, Bloomberg gets beat up again, Biden bungles, Bernie defends dictator
- A quick explanation of why I got banned from Twitch for streaming the debate (with UPDATE at the end) - Debate recap including Bloomberg's lack of a bounce back, Biden's gun violence gaffe and Bernie's baffling defense of Fidel Castro - Interview with Seth Masket about the state of the two-party system, anger against third parties and the possibility of a brokered convention
1 hr 1 min
Feb 21, 2020
NEVADA! Notes from the Trump rally, live at a Bernie benefit, final caucus predictions
- Trump rally finds MAGA Nation stands unafraid - The hunt to find a Trump fan who saw Parasite and get his review of the President's new least favorite Best Picture winner - At a Bernie benefit listening to top surrogate Nina Turner - Interview with Councilman James Howard Adams of Boulder City, NV about local politics in the Silver State and his duel life as a rock star - Final Caucus Predictions
Feb 19, 2020
Is Bernie's health fair game? I watched all of Bloomberg's old debates so you don't have to.
- Pete's got jokes - Bernie's health becomes an issue and his campaign fans the flames - The results of watching hours of NYC mayoral debates to pick apart Bloomberg's strengths and weaknesses - Interview with Brooks Flippen about the lessons Mayor Pete can learn from Jimmy Carter
1 hr 4 min
Feb 14, 2020
The moment Pete blew it, NEW POLLS IN NV + SC, interview with candidate Mike Larsen
- Pete's hesitation in New Hampshire might have cost him the win - What to make of the first polls out of SC and NV after IA and NH - Mailbag! - Interview with Ohio congressional candidate Mike Larsen on leaving TV for politics, pitching jokes to Ted Kennedy and why he's challenging Jim Jordan.
Feb 12, 2020
New Hampshire Primary Special! Bernie Wins! Biden is a coward! Yang drops out!
- Biden is a disaster and should drop out immediately - Full results breakdown with New Hampshire Institute of Politics professor Christopher Galdieri - Campaign Undertaker takes multiple victims including Andrew Yang! A LIVE EULOGY FROM HIS CAMPAIGN SUSPENSION! - Interview with Andrew Heaton
1 hr 23 min
Feb 7, 2020
Biden to drop out before SC? Tightening New Hampshire polls, Mayor Pete superfan Gloria Young
- I got a hunch about Joe Biden - Mayor Pete surging in New Hampshire - Wolves begin to comes for DNC head Tom Perez - Interview with Mayor Pete superfan (and my mom) Gloria Young
1 hr 4 min
Feb 5, 2020
Iowa Apocalypse! Pete & Bernie split win. Biden dissolving? Mitt shocks impeachment!
- A look at the consequences of the bungled Iowa Caucus, specifically for Biden and Warren - Interview with Dave Peterson of Iowa State University breaking down the numbers for Bernie and Pete - Mitt breaks ranks with the GOP on final impeachment vote - Recapping a Made For Television State of the Union
Jan 31, 2020
IOWA! Impeachment collapses on caucus campaigns! RIP Delaney 2020! The New Bernie Vibe!
- The back and forth on impeachment scheduling leaves the caucus in limbo for three frontrunners - Visiting Delany HQ after he drops out of the race - Interview with Taylor Frame of famous Des Moines t-shirt shop Raygun on becoming a campaign stop, how '20 compares with '08 and which candidate has yet to visit this season - The serious vibe from Bernie HQ including how to caucus and words of encouragement from Rep. Ilhan Omar
Jan 29, 2020
Impeachment endgame, Iowa blame game, Pete's big problem
- Who is going to blame their presidential failures on impeachment? - Despite the Bolton Bomb, why the trail might still be on track to end Friday - Mayor Pete's big problem... - Interview with Matt Grossman about the history of trends in political parties
Jan 24, 2020
What is "electibility" anyway, Rudy Podcast review, Obama ready to endorse, Green New Deal
- Are the vast majority of candidates challenging incumbent presidents simply not electable? - Impeachment update - RUDY HAS A PODCAST AND ITS NOT A PODCAST AT ALL - Interview with Leah Stokes about the Green New Deal
1 hr 4 min
Jan 22, 2020
Biden blindspot, Bernie v. Hillary, Full Iowa preview!
- Mayor Pete's "Please Clap" moment - Do I have a Biden blindspot? - Breaking down Bernie vs. Hillary (2020) - Full Iowa Caucus breakdown with Dave Peterson - Mailbag!
2 hr 15 min
Jan 18, 2020
Cocaine Mitch is the captain now, Biden is veep crazy, the tortured history of US/Iran relations
- Cocaine Mitch takes the wheel of impeachment, how short will he make it? - Biden floats two new names as possible Veep - China? Done. New NAFTA? Done. But what deal is next and will it have a massive effect on the election? - Interview with Osamah Khalil about the history of US relations with Iran from post-WW2 to the hostage crisis.
1 hr 6 min
Jan 15, 2020
The worst Presidential debate in American history, Chappelle endorses Yang, Andrew Heaton
- CNN's horrible debate filled with awful performances - Did Yang win the night by securing Dave Chappelle's endorsement? - An interview with Andrew Heaton about his most dreaded possible general election match up
1 hr 8 min
Jan 10, 2020
The Hunter Problem, Impeachment breakthrough, Marianne OUT, Interview with Annie Garcia
- Why Hunter is only going to be a bigger problem for Joe - Impeachment Trial should start next week how does that affect the 2020 candidates? - Marianne Williamson is done - Interview with Texas Senate candidate Annie "Mama" Garcia about why she's running, Texas Democrats and if a gun control candidate can win in the Lone Star State
1 hr 4 min
Jan 8, 2020
Breaking down Trump's Iran statement, Cocaine Mitch's impeachment power play, Debate cancelled?
- Is WWIII over? - Mitch McConnell has the votes to start impeachment - DNC will cancel debate if trial begins - Interview with comedy writer Jack Helmuth on the difference between writing for The Blaze and Comedy Central
1 hr 5 min
Jan 3, 2020
So, are we going to war with Iran? Breakdown of Soleimani attack
- Are we going to war? - Can Trump afford to go to war - Interview with Lou Shubert on why we should and shouldn't worry - Elizabeth Warren's awful Q4 numbers
Jan 2, 2020
- A battle hymn for the coming conflict - A deep dive into Mayor Pete hatred - Guessing the over/unders on Q4 fundraising - Impeachment reheating?
Dec 27, 2019
Elizabeth Warren e-begging? Debate thresholds, how GOP and Dems evolved their ideologies
- Elizabeth Warren is ebegging, that can't be a good sign... - DNC's stupide debate thresholds coming under more fire - Interview with Hans Noel about the evolution of party ideologies
Dec 25, 2019
A guide to fighting with your family about politics, poll like a pro, Bloomberg uses person labor
- Lisa Murkowski begins the "Dance of Concern" - There is literally no news - Mike Bloomberg used prison labor to make campaign calls - Seriously, no news - Trump 2020 posts guide to winning arguments with "snowflakes" - Interview with Diane Feldman about her career in professional campaign polling and why modern polling is so challenging
Dec 20, 2019
Debate recap, history of party divisions, January debate thresholds revealed
- Winners and losers from last night's debate - I don't get why people thought Klobuchar had a good night - Pete takes punches from everyone and remains standing - January debate thresholds could limit stage to five right before Iowans vote - The history of party divisions with David Karol - Will the internet ever be a representative place for politics?
Dec 18, 2019
The never ending impeachment, my mother, Andrew Heaton avoids impeachment
- Impeachment is happening - My mom has strong impeachment feelings - There is a debate happening tomorrow - Andrew Heaton on how DC is reacting to yet another impeachment
Dec 12, 2019
EMERGENCY UK ELECTIONS EPISODE, how the history of tariffs can help us predict the China Deal
- The Judiciary Committee continues to delay the articles of impeachment vote but Justin spoils the next two months anyway - Interview with Tom Merritt about the shocking Conservative blowout - Robert Gulotty (professor at the University of Chicago) on the history of tariffs and educated guesses on the China Deal
1 hr 6 min
Dec 11, 2019
Pelosi double dip on impeachment + New NAFTA, One-Term Biden, UK election preview
- Pelosi reunites two wayward 90s lovers... impeachment and NAFTA - Biden's puzzling one-term gambit - Biden/Kamala/Mayor Pete with Jack Allison - UK election preview with Tom Merritt
1 hr 2 min
Dec 7, 2019
Are Yang and Tulsi going to miss the debate? How courts are creating legislation
- Debate thresholds might create an all-white stage - Final Harris campaign obit - Bloomberg slams Dem slate - Interview with Mike Bruke about how courts are legislating from the bench - Your emails.
Dec 4, 2019
Eulogy for Kamala Harris, Impeachment, Kanye
- Kamala Harris is out of the race and here is why she lost. - How long are we going to pretend to care about impeachment. - Kanye + Osteen, covering Trump on edibles and Kim Kardashian 2024 with The Blaze's Kevin Ryan
1 hr 2 min
Nov 29, 2019
The decaying Kamala Harris campaign, history of SNL political impressions, Steyer ad overdose
- Another tell-all article about the disaster known as the Kamala Harris campaign - SNL and politics through the years with Matt Sienkiewicz - Steyer ad blitz backfiring? - Joe Biden's South Carolina strategy showing cracks
Nov 27, 2019
Did Medicare For All just sink Elizabeth Warren? Interview about Turkey, Andrew Heaton
- What 2016 Trump can teach Elizabeth Warren in how to handle Medicare for All - Did Big Structural Bailey curse Warren? - Andrew Heaton - The history of Turkey and Syria with Professor Nora Fisher Onar - #ButYourEmails mailbag
1 hr 26 min
Nov 26, 2019
Raise The Dead Preview
A week before it launches, Px3 listeners get first crack at Raise the Dead. It's a brand new history podcast series from Justin Robert Young telling the story of the 1960 election between John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon. Moreso, how understanding the facts of that election would have made us much more prepared for the election of Donald Trump in 2016. John F. Kennedy only won one race for the White House and his slogan was "Get America Moving Again"...
Nov 22, 2019
Mixing Mueller into impeachment, Hollywood politics, must have states for each 2020 Dem
- Mueller resurfacing for impeachment? - Is somebody going to use the C-word in the House? - History of Hollywood in politics with author Kathryn Brownell. - Iowa, NH, NV and SC: which of them are MUST WIN states for each 2020 Democrats?
Nov 20, 2019
Did Sondland change everything? Pete's big night, Wayne Train discontinued, Debate Prep
- Gordon Sondland's testimony shakes Justin's faith in him knowing anything - Debate predictions and candidates to watch - Interview with number one Px3 Mayor Pete surrogate Gloria Young - Elizabeth Warren, Wayne Messum, Alan Moore are join the parade
Nov 15, 2019
Yovanovitch testimony, Roger Stone found guilty, The History of Ukraine, Kamala cracking?
- Is Marie Yovanovitch a super compelling witness or just someone really upset that she was fired from her dream job? - Roger Stone is found guilty and someone in Trump World takes a victory lap. - Interview with Professor Matt Pauly about the history of Ukraine and some wild stories about being in Moscow during the fall of the Soviet Union. - Kamala Harris' campaign is leaking and that might herald a visit from the Campaign Undertaker - Mailbag including one challenging why I have encouraged the press to name the whistleblower
Nov 13, 2019
justinrobertyoung Impeachment Dual Narratives, Yang's Awful Interview, Brian Sack, Mayor Pete Tops Iowa
- Impeachment Hearings Begin: Choose Your Quest... - Deval Patrick is in, Sanford is out - Rudy Has A Podcast? - Economic fear receding? - Andrew Yang bombed his Breakfast Club interview - Interview with Brian Sack - The return of a beloved segment we haven't seen for a while. Involving a Poll.
Nov 8, 2019
Bloomberg Running? A Review of the Warning Reviews and Debate Threshold Nerd Talk
Wait, is it for real this time? Bloomberg is rumored to be filing paperwork on a 2020 run. We bring in Jo-Ellen Pozner to discuss the NYC mayor and his chances. The New York Times and Washington Post got advanced copies of the Anonymous Senior Trump official book Warning, we review the reviews. And finally a chat about the Democratic Primary debate threshold with Debate Tracker (@TrackerDebate) which is awesome because Justin found someone more obsessed with them than he is.
Nov 6, 2019
A Eulogy for Beto 2018 & 2020, financial disasters in politics, is Quid Pro Quo the right goal?
We review the magical and calamitous ride of Beto O'Rourke from 2018 to his exit from the presidential race. Donald Jr. unmasks the whistleblower while selling books. What does Kentucky going blue mean for Trump and Mitch? Is Quid Pro Quo the right goal for Dems? Andrew Heaton joins the show to talk the rise and fall of Betomania and we make some guesses on his future and FINALLY we break down the biggest financial disasters in 2016.
Nov 1, 2019
First reaction to Beto quitting, Warren's Medicare For All, Rise of Populism
GONG! Hear Justin's first reaction to the news that Beto O'Rourke is no longer running for president. Is the Impeachment Process meddling with the 2020 Primary more than anything Trump could do in Ukraine? How Warren's opponents will attack her Medicare for All rollout. An interview about the rise of populism with Joe Lownz co-author of "Producers, Parasites, Patriots: Race and the New Right-wing Politics of Precarity". Mailbag!
Oct 30, 2019
Impeachment 2019 vs. Impeachment 1998
How will the formalization of the impeachment process affect the Democrats chances of impeaching Trump? What lessons can be learned from 1998? Is Joe Biden a dead man walking at the tides turn on his Iowa and New Hampshire poll numbers?
Oct 23, 2019
Will Trump survive Taylor, Brexit gets even Brexitier, The Yang Playbook
With the blockbuster statements by Ukraine envoy Taylor now public, Justin takes a few guesses on how Trump will try and bat it back. Tom Merritt joins to discuss the wildest week in Brexit and what will happen going forward. JuRY breaks down the Yang Playbook from the crafting of his image to the cultivating of his audience.
1 hr 17 min
Oct 22, 2019
Can Bill Taylor Restart Impeachment / The Psychology of Campaigns
Justin talks about the Bill Taylor testimony and if it is hurting the democrats that it is not live on television. An interview with Rose McDermott about the psychology of politics and why it might be a bad match for online conversation.
Oct 16, 2019
Elizabeth Warren's Awful Debate, AOC Endorsement, Which Candidates Are About To Go Broke
Justin breaks down the Ohio debate and has some words for the frontrunner Elizabeth Warren. We remember the most pivotal endorsement of the last 20 years in light of AOC's decision to back Bernie. Dave Levinthal from the Center for Public Integrity breaks down the official Q3 fundraising numbers and reveals a candidate whose campaign might already be broke. We are then joined by The Political Orphanage's Andrew Heaton who helps us brainstorm names for candidate fanbases.
1 hr 21 min
Oct 15, 2019
Debate Preview, Hunter Biden, Campaign Poster Design
We break down tonight's debates and add a few predictions. Last minute Brexit developments. Hunter Biden speaks! An interview with Susan Merriam (co-founder The Center for American Politics and Design) about campaign posters and logos. Bonus: a recording from the DragonCon live show featuring ImprovWars.com.
1 hr 7 min
Oct 9, 2019
The one impeachment question that needs answering, Gloria Young returns, new 2020 frontrunner
There is only one question that can move the impeachment process and only Rowdy Roddy Piper can answer it. My mom breaks down all the 2020 candidates. Elizabeth Warren is your new frontrunner as impeachment melts Joe Biden. Bernie out of the hospital after heart attack but how hard will be push when he returns to the road? A discussion of China and the recent spate of actions against by the NBA and Blizzard to protect business relations with Scott Johnson and Brian Ibbot of The Morning Stream.
1 hr 21 min
Oct 8, 2019
Impeachment, Turkey, Hillary 2020 and the dangers of covering politics like a sport
Justin recaps the latest on the state department refusing to the let the EU ambassador testify, the new capitulations to Turkey, signs that Hillary Clinton is going to run for president and an interview with Professor Danagal Young about the dangers of covering politics like a sport. Specifically, are shows like Px3 ruining our faith in government?
1 hr 2 min
Oct 2, 2019
Bernie's campaign suspension, Trump's massive money machine, Yang gets the last laugh
Bernie's campaign suspension, Trump's massive money machine, Yang gets the last laugh
Oct 1, 2019
Hillary is Back? Massive Bernie numbers, is lobbying getting less effective?
Hillary resurfaced on Colbert last night, does that mean she's running? Massive fundraising numbers for Bernie and Mayor Pete. An interview with Lee Drutman a Senior Fellow at New America and the author of The Business of America is Lobbying.
Sep 25, 2019
The Impeachment Risk / Reward Special!
Special episode recapping the insane week that has led us here. We break down all the possible glory and peril for the following folks: Nancy Pelosi Donald Trump Joe Biden Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren The rest of the 2020 Dems Robert Mueller The Whistleblower
Sep 24, 2019
Pelosi Backs Impeachment / Interview on why 30% of the hispanic votes is bedrock Republican
Justin's immediate reaction to the impeachment news and our interview with Geraldo Cadava about why 30% of hispanic voters are bedrock Republicans.
Sep 18, 2019
What The Hell Happened to Kamala Harris?
We look into why the summer burst of Kamala Harris didn't last. How Elizabeth Warren is turning Bernie Sanders into the Giving Tree. Bibi! Kyrsten! Corn Pop! The origin of the term Gerrymandering!
Sep 17, 2019
Why Gerrymandering remedies have failed in the past and are working now - Interview
Nicholas Goedert is an Assistant Professor of Political Science at Virginia Tech. He explains the history of Gerrymandering. How long it's been a problem in politics, when it really hit the national radar and what is being done to combat it.
Sep 13, 2019
Houston Debate Recap
Biden comes alive. Medicare For All has a bad night, as do it's champions.
Sep 11, 2019
Houston Debate Predictions
JuRY looks to continue his debate prediction dominance with three more lead pipe locks! Boris Johnson already screwed as PM? Kamala Harris gets destroyed by a dude in a wheelchair? The tale of NC-9? Bolton? Parade of Wrong Opinions! #ButYourEmail!