Our Thoughts on the New C4D S22 Features:
- super easy to use, very convenient
- not bad but no real control over distortion settings
- I like the overlap mirrored geo, nice way to save space
- cant reset to default settings
- 3 Impressive out of the box automatic solutions licenced from Quel Solaar.
- Easy to use!
New UV Workflow
- Great start, way better layout
- good enough for most
- slightly confusing workflow
- couple of quirks
- decent auto packing and auto unwrap
- needs a relax brush
- no UDIM support
- overlap mirrored geo is nice
- no ability to right click and reset your settings to default
- tad slow on complex meshes
- Wonderful new UV layout
- Love all of the view modes (Show tiled texture) for example
- Would love to see a nice grid in UI beyond 0-1 UV space.
- Need Alignment tools (Snapping does not seem to work)
- Steps in the right direction, but a long ways to go to compare to Maya + Max
- bridge is ok, but still far behind what other DCCs are doing
- untriangulate works well
- Love the new mirror selection! Huge
- Vertex normal via the phong tag is great
- Untriangulate Command is much improved
- Close Polygon Hole function is much better
- Fix non-manifold geometries command very welcome
Nodal Material Export to FBX
- not really anything here that interests me
- Seems great for those who still use Physical and Standard Renderers
- I don't use Zbrush but this seems useful
- Works great! Was not possible in R21 officially and now supports Polygroups!
- viewport enhancements is a step in the right direction but doesn't work with redshift. Was hoping it would be closer to what Maya and Blender have.
- viewport filters are a great quality of life feature. BUT the individual presets are not found in the customize commands options and cannot be turned into a button or shortcut. However, the preset selector can be docked in the UI, but this is not ideal.
- would be easy to set up for play blasts
- Viewport filter icons rule
- Setting up Viewport filter shortcuts DON'T work as expected
- Love the new viewport resolution option
- Instances now show full geometry
- Hair now looks amazing and much closer to final render
gLTF Support (Export Only)
- I don't do AR, but this seems very useful to those that do
- Another great exchange format.
- Great for WebGL needs
- Is a one-size fits all file format (SketchFab)