Mark Stevenson (University of Melbourne, Australia) is one of the State of the Art Review Editors of Injury Prevention. He talks with Rod McClure about a new era in the practice of Injury Prevention supported by technology and big data, both powerful allies in his most recent work.
More details of the papers mentioned in this podcast:
- The epidemiology of accidents. American Journal of Public Health. 1949, 39(4):504-515
- The role of sleepiness, sleep disorders, and the work environment on heavy-vehicle crashes in 2 Australian states. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2014, 179(5):594-601.
- Childhood drowning: barriers surrounding private swimming pools. Pediatrics, 2003, 111: e115-e119.
- Land use, transport and population health; estimating the health benefits of compact cities. Lancet, 2016; published online Sept 23.
- The role of mobile phones in motor vehicle crashes resulting in hospital attendance: a case-crossover study. British Medical Journal, 2005, 331:428-433. - https://www.bmj.com/content/331/7514/428