On this week's Power Hour, Alex Epstein discusses the policy platform known as the Green New Deal with Marc Morano, author of the new book "Green Fraud: Why The Green New Deal is Worse Than You Think."
They focus on the roots of the Green New Deal--Marc, its historical and political roots, Alex, it's philosophical roots--which both believe are key to successfully opposing it and advocating a positive alternative.
Some of the topics they cover are:
- How Marc became skeptical of the modern environmental movement.
- What UN climate conferences are really like--lavish parties, exotic locations, impressive carbon footprints.
- How Marc was once kicked out of a climate conference and literally thrown in the middle of the desert.
- Why Marc features EnergyTalkingPoints.com so prominently in his new book.
- What we can learn from the great economics teacher Walter Williams.
- Alex's views on the three levels of reframing the energy and climate conversation.
- Where the Green New Deal came from.
- How the Green New Deal is part of the current administration's plans.
- The wide-ranging, totalitarian scope of the Green New Deal.
- How Covid lockdowns are encouraging advocates of a totalitarian Green New Deal.