Prof. Peter Fader is the Frances and Pei-Yuan Chia Professor of Marketing at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. His expertise centres on the analysis of behavioural data to understand and forecast customer shopping/purchasing activities.
He works with firms from a wide range of industries, such as telecommunications, financial services, gaming/entertainment, retailing, and pharmaceuticals.
In addition to his various roles and responsibilities at Wharton, Fader co-founded a predictive analytics firm (Zodiac) in 2015, which was sold to Nike in 2018. He then cofounded (and continues to run) Theta to commercialise his more recent work on “customer-based corporate valuation.” Fader is the author of Customer Centricity: Focus on the Right Customers for Strategic Advantage (2020, 2012) and coauthor of The Customer Centricity Playbook (2018) with Sarah Toms. He has won many awards for his research and teaching accomplishments.
In this episode with Swami, Prof Fader gives us a peek into the Customer-Base Audit, talking about:
- How A Math Major turned Professor of Marketing
- The Importance of Hard Skills for Marketers
- Understanding Customer Base Audit
- Can we Run Diagnostics on Customer Behaviour?
- Customer Based Audit - The Diagnostics of Marketing
- Applying the Concept of Customer Base Audit
- Customer Based Audits for Contractual Vs Non-Contractual Relationships
- Non-Contractual Businesses Need Customer Based Valuations
- Understanding the Customer at the Granular Level
- The Customer P&L Statement
- Prof. Peter’s Blueprint of Customer Centricity
- Re-engineering Companies for Customer Centric Corporate Culture
- Changing the Fundamentals of Market-Mix Modelling
- The Marketing Department of the Future
- Direct & Indirect Marketing
Listen to the podcast on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Anchor | Google Podcasts
Watch the full video episode on YouTube
For show notes and earlier guest interviews, please visit www.contraminds.com
To sign up for our weekly newsletter, please visit https://contraminds.substack.com/
Connect with Swami: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sivaraman-swaminathan-9856501/
Connect with Vignesh: https://twitter.com/hrorq
Connect with us: