Revenue Collective, Self Awareness, and Sales and Community - with Guest Sam Jacobs
Sam Jacobs is the host of the Sales Hacker Podcast and founder of the Revenue Collective.
Sam and I discuss a number of topics this week, including his time as a DJ, the catalyst for the Sales Hacker Podcast, why he started the Revenue Collective, and how we can do better when it comes to building teams, creating focus, leading, and executing.
Thank you Sam.
- Why did Sam not go the DJ route?
- What does the process look like as you identify fit for a person in a given role?
- How did the Revenue Collective get from identified problem to current business?
- Why is there this gap between those who want to be in the community, and the unknown that community exists?
- How do we improve alignment within our organizations?
- Interesting fact - Sam was a DJ in college
- The importance and value of mimicking
- Good things take time to build
- Ask this question - Do they have the skill or do they have the will?
- Revenue Collective - A Career Enablement Platform
- Too much pressure on revenue, puts too much pressure on sales, puts too much pressure on...
- Start with the key questions
- Who is the right Customer?
- How much should we charge them?
- Are we charging the right amount?
- Are there enough of those people at that price to build a big company?
- How do we get a meeting with our prospect/ideal customer?
- Sales should be the end - invest first in customer success and marketing.
- Revenue Operations - navigating the process from unknown/known problem to unknown/known solution, and looking at this through the lens of the customer, the organization, the team, and the customer-facing rep. This is Hard.
- Keep things simple. Strategy is, "here is where we are trying to go", "here are the boundaries", go execute.
- Align goals - The KPIs should inform the objective statements.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google Play
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
Sales is a Thinking Process.