How Do You Know When It Is Time to Add Members to your Team?
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast we discuss some of the questions you should ask yourself when determining if it is time to scale your team, how to onboard new team members, and how to integrate them into your organizational culture.
Thank you for sharing the Catalyst Sale Podcast with a colleague.
- How do you know when it is time to Scale?
- How do you bring the member on the team?
- How do you integrate someone new into the culture?
- There is a risk in adding headcount
- Prepare for a potential step backward
- Before you Scale
- Identify patterns
- Identify gaps
- Adding team members can address capacity issues
- Additional team members can also help you focus, and reduce opportunity costs
- When you Onboard
- Use Motivation-Based Interviewing in your hiring process
- Don't micromanage
- Map out the onboarding journey
- Here is an example of a sales rep onboarding mindmap we use.
- You need to plan
- Design based on outcomes
- Be deliberate
- Remember - This is an iterative process
- Empathize with those who are joining the organization
- Every time you add something to the equation you change the make-up of the organization.
- Engage others in the process, we all wear the same logo, use the same domain, support our customers
- We as a group, are stronger than the individual
- Help new team members be part of the team, help them engage with others.
- Do not operate in a vacuum.
- Ask questions to reduce blind spots
- If you hire the right people, if you communicate effectively within the organization, you can improve your ability to execute.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google Play
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
Sales is a Thinking Process.