Blindspots - We all Have Them
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast, we have a listener question from Ann in San Diego. Ann asks - What is something you consistently find within organizations you work with?
One of the most consistent things we see across all of the organizations we work with, are the blind spots they have created. Many times these blindspots are a function of focus, attention, and passion. The challenge with blindspots, everyone has them, they require help to identify, and they bring risk if not addressed.
- Can you provide an example?
- How can you avoid/overcome blind spots?
- How can consultants/coaches help with blindspots?
- How can we find out more about Catalyst Sale?
- On a positive side the organizations it is clear, that the organizations we have worked with are committed to their customers.
- They have identified a need in the market and they are passionate about addressing the need.
- On the negative side - there are blindspots that many of these organizations "Can't" see.
- One of the biggest blindspots is missing the perspective of the customer.
- Be aware of the risks of being caught in your own echo chamber
- Lean on others, don't fail alone
- We assume outcomes, and fail to pay attention, many times this approach creates those blindspots.
- Ask your network for help.
- Do the work, take the perspective of your customer, work through the use cases.
- If you are in a room, and everyone is saying yes, find someone who can say "no"
- Everyone has blindspots - you are not unique.
- If you think you do not have blindspots - you may have some really big blindspots.
- Consider creating SWOT teams within your organizations to help you identify and overcome blind spots.
- Consultants can come in with an unbiased, beginners mind, perspective.
- A coach, a consultant, can draw attention to things that you may not be paying attention to.
- The coach/consultant is likely not tied to the political baggage that exists within the organization.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google Play
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
Sales is a Thinking Process.