The Distress of Busyness
Mike and Jody discuss how to combat the stress of busyness and eliminate feeling as though you are underwater.
“Stress is good, it’s distress that makes us feel bad.” - Lee Cockerell
- Is this distress real or is it manufactured?
- How do I get a handle on all that needs to be done?
- If we are feeling distressed, what do we do?
- Put a date or deadline on your to-do items. Otherwise, you are likely to put the task off again or never return to it.
- Be sure to have a process you use and then trust your personal processes.
- Focus on high impact items
- By pushing things off to tomorrow, you don’t actually address the challenge you have out there.
- Have a day to focus on the things that aren’t urgent but are important.
- Identify opportunities to do things that you really enjoy.
- Realize that you are not alone. You aren’t the only one who has had this level of stress.
We would love to hear how you combat stress in your life/business. Share your tips via twitter.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the products and services we provide via the following links.
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Demystify Sales - the course