Christie Walters, co-host The Why & The Buy Podcast, and President iCore Strategy
Christie is a speaker, sales & marketing strategist, coach, Gitomer certified advisor, and co-host of the Why and the Buy podcast.
This week Christie joins us to share her perspective and experience as a certified coach. We discuss what changed in her approach pre-certification & post-certification, and discuss how coaching can help you and your organization.
- What is Coaching?
- How does coaching differ from mentoring?
- What prompted Christie to become a certified coach?
- Can a boss be a coach?
- What are some questions we can ask ourselves to determine if coaching is something we will benefit from?
- Why is authenticity important?
- How does authenticity impact the way that she coaches?
- True coaching is about helping you uncover the brilliance within yourself.
- As a coach you are not the sage on the stage, you are the guide on the side.
- The Mentoring relationship is two-sided, a coach is a bit different. The relationship between client/coach is all about the client.
- Designed Alliance - laying the groundwork, this is what you can expect, this is the role I will play.
- You are rarely just a coach, just a mentor, or just a consultant, you may shift between roles.
- Coaching - how can you help others think through their process?
- Coaching is about getting the right questions in front of people.
- The questions you ask are powerful as a coach.
- The best coaches are likely not going to be in the organization.
- Going outside of the organization to find a coach helps to reduce pre-conceived notions.
- A third party coach will allow you the level of freedom to express what is really happening at a given point in time.
- Too often we are trying to run someone else's race.
- Define success based on your expectations, not someone else's.
- The Why and The Buy Podcast - Jeff & Christie wanted to create a space where sales professionals & sales leaders could look at sales as an act of service.
- Christie is a recovering perfectionist.
- The levels of listening & true self-management in the coach/client relationship are two of the biggest changes post-certification vs pre-certification.
- Nothing beats recording a coaching discussion, and then listening to it with a critical eye.
- Engage with a coach as a way to determine if coaching is right for you.
- There are three key elements to a successful organization.
- Cultivation - to build capability & train
- Ongoing Coaching - to help minimize drifting
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google Play
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
Sales is a Thinking Process.