Difference in Selling - B2B, B2C, Products, Services - Does it Matter?
On this episode, Mike and Jody discuss whether or not there is or should be a difference in selling different products/services.
- Is there a different approach to selling different things/items i.e. products vs services or B2C vs B2B?
- There is not a difference in the foundational items related to Sales.
- Sales is about connecting a problem that exists in the market with a solution that exists in the market.
- Think through the problem you solve in the market.
- Put yourself in the shoes of the person with the problem.
- The challenge as a Sales Professional is figuring out who has the problem, why they have the problem, what they think about the problem and what they would like to do about the problem.
- Once you understand the problem, you can design communication and experiences to support the customer decision-making process.
- The fundamentals are going to stay consistent.
- The actual vocabulary will shift depending on what you know about your customer, your business and the sales rep approach.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the products and services we provide via the following links.
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit