Storytelling and Sales
This week on the podcast we revisit storytelling and sales, and share some practical examples of how the story applies in the context of sales. Stories support engagement, they help gain attention, they can help your customer envision a better tomorrow.
Links to the episodes we have recorded with Donald Miller and JJ Peterson are included in the show notes as well.
- Why does storytelling matter in sales?
- How important is the villain in the story?
- How do we identify the characters in the story?
- How do we uncover what success looks like for the customer?
Learn More about the Catalyst Sale Approach to the Revenue Operations Model
- Story can help the customer envision a future that is different than the current reality/current experience.
- Communicating with empathy is not about sympathy, it's about immersing yourself in their perspective. Looking at the world through their lens.
- Sales is about connecting a solution (known or unknown) to a problem (known or unknown)
- Any challenge your customer runs into is the "Villian".
- Stop guessing - ask more questions.
- Identify the right villain in the story.
- Validate this with the customer.
- Sometimes people change roles within the organization.
- Risk increases with assumption.
- Helping with the Transition
- Know where they are today
- Know where they want to be
- Be the Guide - share your expertise, help them navigate the obstacles, provide a plan - don't assume, validate.
- Share examples of success with your customers.
- It's not about you, it is about your customer.
- Focus on helping your customer, know that there is a process that they will need to go through.
- You can map out the journey (see the Revenue Operations Model below)
- Highlight opportunities for success, provide a plan.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Sales is a Thinking Process.