Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance
Lack of planning can put you in a bad place - how do you avoid this? It is important to have the tools in your toolbox, but you actually have to use them, and they need to be ready when you need them.
This week on the Catalyst Sale Podcast we discuss checklists, thinking through scenarios, and planning. Thanks for listening, and for sharing with a colleague.
- What's the worst that can happen?
- How is anticipation a part of preparation?
- How can a SMILE save your day?
- Always look left before going through intersections
- It is not enough to be prepared, you have to execute.
- It is one thing to have the tools, have the checklist. It is another thing to make sure you are ready to use them when it counts.
- The fundamentals are critical
- Asking effective questions is a good step. One you should consider is "What's the worst that can happen?"
- Always have an out, always have a backup plan.
- Leverage concepts like the "Crush Workshop" to anticipate competitive threats and better understand your competition.
- You can use anticipation to prepare for the questions that you may be asked. (i.e. what's the most challenging question they/audience can ask?)
- You will never be prepared for every situation, but by putting these concepts into practice, you can minimize your risk.
- Routines are very important. The patterns we repeat set expectations for our customers. Jody shares a story where this had a direct impact on a park ranger.
- Continue the conversation via firstname.lastname@example.org or via the live chat at https://catalystsale.com
- "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get our message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google Play
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
Sales is a Thinking Process.