Guest - Anthony Iannarino - International Speaker, Author, Podcast Host & Consultant
This week on the podcast Anthony joins us to discuss key concepts discussed in both of the books he has authored, we also touch briefly on his forthcoming book.
We discuss a number of different items, including discipline, doing work, why "price is a shield" - not a sword, and many other topics. We hope you enjoy the discussion as much as we did.
- Who is Anthony Iannarino?
- What is Anthony's writing process?
- How do you distinguish between signal & noise?
- How can you build business acumen?
- How often have you asked others for help, and had the person you asked say no?
- What is wrong with presenting the solution but not getting the next commitment?
- How do you distinguish between Objections & Concerns?
- What does Anthony mean by using price as an advantage?
- Why do we tend to overcomplicate things?
- Book #3 - planned for October 2018
- Self-Discipline is a differentiator in sales. Anyone who is successful in any endeavor, they have a set of practice, a set of disciplines.
- The market is crowded. Anthony does not spend a lot of time-consuming & instead focuses on things that have stood the test of time. (i.e. caring, resourcefulness, discipline - these have not changed much over time)
- Timeliness principles that have served people for thousands of years.
- The most dangerous thing is to maintain the status quo.
- Trusted Advisor - you need to be able to build trust, but you also have to be able to provide advice. The role means - I'm not going to let you get hurt.
- Build business acumen by working with others, shadowing those who are further down the path that you are on. Read. Build your vocabulary by listening to business people discuss business (CNBC)
- You need to know how to produce business results for your customers.
- We are pack animals, we are a part of communities, don't go it alone.
- Time tends to accelerate & exacerbate concerns
- The Objection is what you hear, the Concern is the underlying thing between the lines.
- When price is lower, it means we are taking money out of solution.
- The best salesperson is the person who can get the client to invest the right amount of money to produce the outcome they need.
- There are three business strategies.
- Lowest Price Strategy
- Best Product Strategy
- Customer Intimacy Strategy
- Sometimes your salespeople are outstanding negotiators, however, they are channeling that skill internally.
- Be somebody worth doing business with.
Thank you for rating and reviewing the podcast via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast platform. Ratings & reviews help others discover the podcast - thank you for helping us get the message out to the community.
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
Catalyst Sale Service Offerings
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Subscribe to the Catalyst Sale Podcast
Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe via Google Play
In every business, in every opportunity, there is someone who can help you navigate the internal challenges and close the deal. There is a Catalyst. We integrate process (Catalyst Sale Process), technology and people, with the purpose of accelerating revenue. Our thoughtful approach minimizes false starts that are common in emerging markets and high-growth environments. We continue to evolve our practice based on customer needs and emerging technology. We care about a thinking process that enables results versus a process that tells people what to do.
Sales is a Thinking Process.