On this episode, Mike is joined by Evo Terra. Evo is a podcast strategist with Simpler Media Productions.
- Should organizations take advantage of podcasting as a way to communicate to employees?
- Why do organizations struggle with the idea of putting together a podcast?
- What are some advantages of communicating through the spoken word?
- How long does a podcast need to be?
- How can we avoid analysis paralysis?
- What happens if you change the style mid-stream?
- What are some common mistakes people make when starting on this journey?
- How do you look at audio as a secondary activity?
- How can content be reused?
- What can I do if I want to get started podcasting?
- Podcasting is a lot easier than most people think.
- We are natural storytellers.
- Each episode should have a theme
- Design is important
- Intent is important
- Think about it as content marketing
- Figure out a structure first
- 25 - 30% of people listen to a podcast weekly
- Podcasting can be a dedicated communication channel for your business, but it is also ubiquitous.
- You can do totally private podcasting if you want.
- You don’t want it to appear random.
- There is very little correlation between how long it takes to enjoy a podcast and how long it takes to assemble a podcast.
- The best microphone to use is the one that you have and know how to use properly.
- Podcast listening is a found time activity.
Please send listener questions and feedback to email@example.com or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the products and services we provide via the following links.
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Demystify Sales - the course