On this episode, Mike and Jody discuss the importance of communication in sales and the steps we can take to improve.
- Why do we struggle with communication?
- How can we practice?
- What can we do to ensure that what people hear is what we believe we said?
- When it comes to asking questions, what is your favorite approach?
- We can always get better
- Record role play sessions with members of your team and then listen to the session
- Ask reflective questions
- Ask questions to validate
- Get back to basics and use who, what, where, why, when and how.
- Don’t try to over-think the room
- Qualification should focus on understanding the customer story
- Understanding how and when to ask questions is really powerful
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the products and services we provide via the following links.
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Demystify Sales - the course