Sales Career Guide
Mike is joined by Andy Racic and David Weiss authors of Your Definitive Sales Career Guide. On this episode they discuss why they decided to write a book about a career in sales, and how to execute if this is something you are interested in exploring.
- Why do people avoid the Sales Profession?
- It seems as though colleges are starting to bring in Sales Programs, will this trend continue?
- What are some of the messages in the book that are resonating with professors?
- How do you distinguish between Sales and Marketing?
- What are the gaps that this book fills?
- Who should buy the book?
- Several myths still hover over the Sales profession
- People generally don’t have an understanding of what modern professional Sales is
- Schools are interested as the importance of the Sales function within a company becomes more apparent
- Sales can be a great foundational career. Being in Sales teaches you several cross-functional skills
- Marketing tends to be one to many whereas Sales tends to be one to few or one to one
- Marketing empowers Sales to have more conversations with clients
- The book provides tips and tricks on how to be successful in sale, dispels myths and walks through how to get a job
- Business school professors looking to build a Sales program would benefit greatly from reading this book
Please send listener questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly on twitter, facebook or LinkedIn.
This podcast is brought to you by Catalyst Sale - you can learn more about Catalyst Sale, and the products and services we provide via the following links.
Growth Acceleration - Plateau Breakthrough
Product Market Fit
Demystify Sales - the course