Mr. Media Interviews by Bob Andelman
842 Mary Kay Culpepper, editor, Cooking Light
Aug 3, 2018 · 29 min
Play episode
I don’t have the best eating habits. I generally try to follow the 80/20 rule. I make an effort to eat smart and well about 80 percent of the time and give in to my inner teenager the other 20 percent, having an occasional burger and fries. Over the last 25 years, we’ve been barraged by media and marketing that urge us to eat a better diet and make better choices at every meal, and one of the magazines long at the forefront of this effort is Time Warner’s Cooking Light, and I should know, my wife has stacks of back issues all over the house. Joining me today is  magazine editor Mary Kay Culpepper; she took over the publication's top chair in January 2001. Since then, the magazine’s audience has grown to more than eleven and a half million readers, and it seems safe to assume that at least a few of them have improved their health by following the ideas and recipes in Cooking Light.
Search
Clear search
Close search
Google apps
Main menu