In this episode of the Millionaire Mindcast, we have an incredible guest, Cameron Herold who shares his perspective about today’s crisis, how to create efficiencies and productivities in business, what are the habits and characteristics that you must have to stay on track and win things, explains the huge quarantine shift in businesses and tips on how to build a remote base culture & teams, what the impact of the COVID-19 economically are, and what the opportunities in this current situation are!
Cameron Herold is a serial entrepreneur, business consultant, top rated international speaker, founder of the COO Alliance & Second in Command Podcast (iTunes), and is known around the world as ‘THE CEO Whisperer’. He is a business growth guru guiding his clients to double their profit and double their revenue in just three years or less. Cameron has been paid to speak in 26 countries, a top-rated lecturer at EO/MIT’s Entrepreneurial Masters Programme, Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Operating Officer Leadership events around the world. Also, he is the author of the global best-selling business book DOUBLE DOUBLE - in its 7th printing and in multiple translations around the world, as well as Meetings Suck and The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs.
Always look at the brighter side. The downturn is the best time to step up and grow your wealth. The best time to get ahead from everyone in business, invest in relationships, and in you. It has been proven by Cameron’s experience on the past recessions and depressions. He never hides in fear but learns to adapt to the situation and apply the right mindset. He had bought multiple shares in big companies at a very low price and was able to grow his assets when everybody was in shock and distress.
Moreover, you must be wise about how you spend your time, especially on social media because it’s taking away the time you are going to spend on marketing, sales, & driving your business forward. Everyone must be strategic on applying the time, money, and people in the right area and getting away from doom and gloom. Instead, think about how you are proactively going to grow during this time.
Stop consuming your time on uncontrollable things. According to Cameron, “God grants the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” Thus, find the things you can control and control those. Surround yourself with the people in alignment with your core values, and consume content from different perspectives. Because there’s a lot of opportunities to grow your skills set and your mindset right now as thought leaders are giving away more content than ever for free.
This is a good time for an abundance mindset and people to focus on their growth!
Some Questions I Ask:
- What feels different about this time than previous or does it feel different? (01:17)
- Where do you see the biggest challenge for the small business owner/entrepreneur/operator right now that if they lean into it they can weather the storm and get in front of it? (03:32)
- How can someone be more aware & attentive to the information or the influence of people or environments or resources that they’re having over them right now? (06:05)
- Tell me about some of the opportunities that people should be paying attention to right now? (07:56)
- How do you continue to create and build culture and to create efficiencies and productivities? (09:20)
- What are some of the things that you have seen in some of those amazing companies that are remote with the great culture that they have implemented? (13:26)
- What are some of the trends that you are seeing in small business right now that people should be thinking about maybe adapting, maybe leaning into that maybe they weren’t forced to think about 6 days ago? (17:27)
- What do you say to that company that is either flying or running in the other direction or frozen right now? (18:22)
- How much should people be dividing attention and balance between working in the business and playing defense and offense? (21:16)
- Should companies right now with the current COVID crisis focus on customer acquisition or customer attention? Why? (22:59)
- Where is your mindset in regards to wealth building through this next cycle? (24:18)
- The 3 economic signs that are happening right now (25:56)
- Who are some of your favorite influencers and motivators that are inspiring or guiding you during these times? (33:06)
- What are some of the great characteristics you find in a COO versus an entrepreneur? (36:03)
- How long does it usually take to identify that rock star talent perfect Ying to the Yang fit? (38:05)
- In times now a lot of craziness, what has been your silver lining and the most positive things you have found in times like now? (41:10)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The three inputs of business to get the highest ROI (03:44)
- How to not bring negative energy in your business (04:18)
- The Power of Serenity (06:44)
- The huge positive quarantine shift in businesses. (09:49)
- Tips on how to build remote base culture & teams (11:59)
- The number 1 goal of every company (23:32)
- What are the right groups for entrepreneurs (34:25)
- “Because you are looking for negative news you’re going to see more negative news and become a little bit of a self-growing prophecy.”
- “God grants the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- “Control the controllable.”
- “Getting more content isn’t necessarily grow my company, what will grow my company, its focus.”
- “There’s a lot of opportunities to grow your skills set and your mindset right now because thought leaders are giving away more content than ever for free.”
- “Every hour that you spend on growing yourself becomes like putting something up in the orbit that stays with you forever.”