Former Major League baseball player, Brett Carroll, joins the Men Unplugged show. Get the inside track on a stellar professional career with an amazing story about his first home run in the majors and what Hall of Fame pitcher it was against (awesome story). Jeff and Brett share openly and honestly about their relationships with their fathers and how we as dads can maintain a healthy relationships with our sons and daughters. What does God tell us and show us.
- God’s grace is sufficient for all of us, His strength is made perfect in our weakness
- Admit as a man that we have weaknesses and that whatever lies the enemy tells you, whatever shame you have, God’s love, power and grace overcome all of that
- God is telling us that He is going to take care of us
- God gives us Milestone Memories
- God is bigger than any moment in our life (my quote)
- The game doesn’t teach you character it just reveals it
- What we say to our kids as dads means a lot (good or bad)
- Our ultimate model for maintaining a healthy relationship with our sons and daughters as fathers is that of God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son
- Trust and abide in the Lord, John 15:5 to get the strength to maintain a healthy relationship with your son and / or daughter
- To mend a broken relationship be humble, broken and contrite
- The love of an early father is so key in experiencing the love of our Heavenly Father
Like / follow Men Unplugged on Facebook or follow Jeff on his twitter @jeffjerina.
Visit MenUnlugged.net for a list of resources, including a FREE month’s membership to Covenant Eyes by using promo code MenUnplugged, the Strand Study Bible which you can only get at MenUnplugged.net, as well as, the personality type finder for men, their wives, kids and corporate teams.